Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Super September 2022 Alberta

Hotel caught fire 🤦🏼‍♀️ Venting…

Alyx, on February 8, 2022 at 22:34 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17
So I just found out from one of my guests who was trying to reserve a room that the hotel we had reserved caught fire 🤦🏼‍♀️ So they haven’t called me or emailed me which is annoying and then I heard it’s a right off. So either way I have to call the hotel tomorrow and see what’s going on. Call another hotel and book something but my venue is in a small town and there isn’t much … then call all my guests who have reserved, let them know the news. Then update all my invitations and wedding website… just annoyed 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️
I was just saying today to a friend it’s been such an easy non stressful process.. this is what people mean by things always pop up and don’t go as planned!!!

17 Comments

Latest activity by Alyx, on February 11, 2022 at 22:10
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes it was definitely a surprise!!!
    We have it all sorted out and a new hotel thankfully!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What a news to receive just when things were going well and to know your not getting called about something about your event taking place won't be ready for your wedding. It is stressful to rearrange another hotel block and on the hotel mangers side to ensure everything he has to do now. Some professionalism of being straight up apologetic about the situation from him. I do hope you find something soon and to have your guests cancel their reservations also receiving your refund for the wedding.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks!! Just waiting for the call back on a new hotel! 🤞🏼
    Luckily only 3 people reserved so I let them know today 🤦🏼‍♀️ Kinda embarrassing telling them lol
    Also the manager was kinda rude, I apologized to him about the fire and asked if the hotel was permanently closed and if so could I have the names of my guests who have reserved. And all he replied with was sure. And the names. Like I was expecting an apology on his end because nobody has contacted me about this ! Maybe I’m being a bridezilla , maybe he is going through a lot and is stressed out 🤷🏼‍♀️ I still expect professionalism I guess 😅
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh thank you !! This is so helpful to know!! 🙏🏻
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds so stressful! I hope you can find something just as good asap!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At least you are finding out now instead of the week before though! Hope it all works out.
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh man, thats crazy! I know they were working on that fire like ALL day!

You could also check with the Rockyview Hotel (if you haven't). Its a bit older but it has all the small town charm that I love about this place! Plus its got a great restaurant attached for guests to dine day before or day after. I also haven't stayed, but the staff at Super 8 are super nice when we booked a room for our condo.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey! So crazy! That’s what I thought too but they are saying the hotel is a right off and will stay closed! 😬 I haven’t even got a call from anyone there!
    I tried to call and it’s just a voicemail saying they are closed so I emailed the manager just waiting to hear back!
    But I did call days inn and they have space so we shall see Thanks for the help! I will definitely let you know!
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Alyx! I know exactly what you are talking about! I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think you've got enough time until your wedding for the hotel to get it sorted, and there are a few other options still in town. I know there isn't alot but definitely some.

If you need any help, please message me!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yea I think that will be fine!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I called the nicest inn they had lol and she said the only have single rooms and two Queen bed rooms
    Do you think that’s okay for guests? 😬🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is so true!!

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! Things could be worse! I hope there was nobody hurt in the fire!
    Just kinda crazy out of all the things to happen .. this lol but there is a solution! And at least I’m still months away from my wedding!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my gosh!!! I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this!

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is definitely very frustrating! I hope one of the other inns will be able to accommodate you!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Out of all 5 hotels in this town … this one !!!!??? The rest aren’t even hotels they are inns 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    OMGGG THAT IS SOOO STRESSFUL!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics