Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Beginner June 2022 Ontario

Honouring our Grandparents on our Wedding Day

Brittany, on March 25, 2021 at 19:50 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

Hello Everyone!

Just looking to get some ideas to do something special for my grandparents on our day.

We decided to post-pone our day from June 5th 2021 to June 4th 2022 and just realized our new wedding date is a special one! My grandparents will have been married for 62 years on our new date Smiley smile

We would like to do something special to honour them on our new day but are having a hard time deciding on what to do! As of right now all I can think of is having them join us part way through our first dance.

Any ideas will be appreciated!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on April 1, 2021 at 14:37
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the idea! I really do like the personalization of this. Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    At the same time or after so they get their picture taken too. You can work it the way see best.
  • Amber
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Take the cake idea one step further and maybe get them their own anniversary cake to cut at the same time you cut yours or slightly after?

• Darren
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Darren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Fiance and I have decided on lapel pins one of my grandmother and one of his mother who have passed on. I have decided to take it a little further and the lining of my tuxedo will have a custom lining that has a photo of my grandparents both of who I lost within the past two years.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the idea! I love this! Also a good way to get people starting to dance Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your grandparents mean so much to you that you would go out of your way to do something for them to be recognized. Your wedding can be memorable by toasting to them during the speech and asking them to cut the cake too as they can have their celebration part of yours. It will be a nice surprise for them not knowing your doing this and making you feel good to share their celebration. Another way is the rehearsal dinner, if considering this option to make a speech to them and having a cake for them to cut.
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds like a lovely idea!

We are getting our grandparents Corsages and Boutineers (In Purple) so they are recognized as IMPORTANT on that day - We also told them to stand with us in our receiving line but other then that we haven't gone over and above... I do want them to feel special as well.

Maybe have a special dance with your grandparents instead of breaking up your first dance? I am not sure just shooting out ideas here lol

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At my cousin’s wedding, the DJ played an old waltz after the first dance and invited everyone on the floor, then slowly couples were called off based on their anniversaries until my great aunt and uncle were the only ones left. They were married 65 years at the time and that was the way my cousin wanted to nod to their long lasting marriage. We all thought it was super sweet.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My first thought was asking them to offer some advice at the reception (like a speech) then present them with a little gift!
    Or instead of doing a bouquet toss, give your bouquet to your grandmother

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics