Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Merissa
Newbie September 2051 Ontario

Honouring Mother at wedding

Merissa, on March 26, 2019 at 21:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Hi everyone!
Long story short...my father is not in the picture and my mom will be walking me down the aisle. My mom and I are super close and wanted to honour her the day of my wedding! I love the song mamas song by Carrie Underwood and wanted to do a mother/daughter dance. Is that too weird? Or is there another way I can incorporate the song?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on March 27, 2019 at 22:14
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I love that song! I'm singing it in my head right now lol
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not weird at all. I think your mom would be honoured that you thought of it. So sweet.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you aren't having a father- daughter dance then for sure do the mother- daughter dance! She basically gets to take over all the perks that the father would normally have on the day.

You could even do a first look photo with her if you aren't having her help you get ready!

• T
    Curious September 2019 British Columbia
    Tianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely do it!!!!! It's a great idea!!!! Even though i'm doing a father/daughter dance - I may possibly do a mother/daughter dance as well!
    If you aren't sure - do half of the dance with your mom and you, then have whoever invite others on the floor to draw the attention away a bit.

Your mom will feel so honoured and love it!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's a great way to include all our VIPS without having many different songs/dances. We want all our guests to enjoy the reception and dance floor ASAP!

• Merissa
    Newbie September 2051 Ontario
    Merissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love this idea! How fun!
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely have the mother/daughter dance!! We're not doing parent dances but we're doing a special group dance: wedding party and their S/Os, parents, and us will have a dance before welcoming everyone on the dance floor!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have the Mother/Daughter dance. Its normal and something special to you to remember. Many things are possible and don't take it out of the picture if something different you want to do.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Completely normal to have a Mother & Daughter dance in place of the Father & Daughter dance! Heck, my Dad is getting his Father & Daughter dance and I'm still debating if I should do a Mother & Daughter dance!! Mom's are a big part of life - why do Dad's get their dance and not the Mom (when talking about a Daughter, I know there is a Mother & Son dance usually)?

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not weird at all! I think that is such a good idea, and a great song Smiley smile

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love that idea! It is really nice way of honoring her!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think a mother/daughter dance is weird at all.... in fact I am doing one with my mom! Same situation, father not around and mom's walking me down the aisle. We dance together all the time in our house when a banger comes on the radio, why not do it at my wedding too? We picked a fast one though: September by earth wind & fire 💖

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics