Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lilah
Newbie September 2023 Ontario

Honour a deceased pet ideas

Lilah, on March 1, 2023 at 21:57 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Hello - I recently lost my dog, my sweet boy Toby. We had planned to incorporate him into the wedding to walk our rings down the aisle. We loved him so much and we still want to honour him at our wedding this fall in some way. Does anyone have or know of any ways or have any ideas of ways we could honour our boy Toby?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Dominvich, on March 20, 2024 at 17:43
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did a memorial table for all that couldn’t be there, including our pets. We had pictures of our pets as well as loved ones on a memorial table. We had a candle lit on that table too.

I hope you find a way that makes your heart feel full on your day.

Honour a deceased pet ideas 1

• Stevie
    Frequent user September 2023 Ontario
    Stevie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m planning on having a locket of my cat’s hair tied around my bouquet so that he’s with me. Etsy has some really cute options that can etch your pets face into the locket too Honour a deceased pet ideas 2

• Lilah
    Newbie September 2023 Ontario
    Lilah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you all so much for all of these really lovely and heartfelt ideas ❤️ I am definitely going to be using a few of these and I know I would've never thought of them. Toby was my little buddy for 17 years of my life, and for every day of those 17 years he showed me unwavering and unconditional love. This is why even though he isn't here I have to honour his memory. Thank you also for sharing your stories with me - it's really the littlest furriest ones that take up the biggest spot in your heart. Honour a deceased pet ideas 3

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All such great ideas!!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am so sorry for your loss, I lost my guy in August. I've created a sign for special drinks for each our boys including him, I will have a picture of him with my mom and my FH grandfather. I also made a charm for him for my bouquet. I've had him for 15 years, he was my baby, we've been through so much together that just because he's gone, I can't just forget him. HE was going to be apart of our wedding as well.

There's so much you can do.

Tyson is the one that passed. Smiley cry

Honour a deceased pet ideas 4

• Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am so incredibly sorry for your loss, I can only imagine what you’re going through.
    We got a custom cake topper with our boys (a cat and dog). I also saw a lot of people wrapping the pet collar to their bouquet, such a lovely idea. Having a signature cocktail seemed fantastic too, on Etsy there are artists who will make a board with the pets image on it.
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Lilah,

I am so sorry for your loss. I am a huge dog lover and we have a lab ourselves, and it is the absolute toughest time losing them. I love that you had planned to incorporate him into wedding and now want to honour him Smiley heart Some ways you can do so are :

Having a signature cocktail drink in his name (we did this and it was a huge hit)

Having a photo of him on cocktail napkins with a cute phrase

Having photos of him as table numbers

Might be a little much (or not Smiley heart) but your FH could have a photo of him on his pocket square and if you plan to wear a barrette or clip in your hair maybe get his name put on it (I mean I would probably do something like this to be honest so no judgement lol Smiley heart)

I'm sure whatever you think of will be perfect and suitable.

Honour a deceased pet ideas 5

Honour a deceased pet ideas 6

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics