Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jodi
Frequent user September 2018 Alberta

Honorary Bridesmaids?

Jodi, on February 15, 2018 at 09:57 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

Good Day Ladies

we are having a small wedding (60 people) and we decided to keep the wedding party small- my two sisters and best friend on my side (3) and my fiancés brother and his best friend on his side(2) I have girls that I love and adore and would love for them to feel part of the wedding even though they are not bridesmaids. Has anyone ever had honorary bridesmaids? have the girls dress in the same color as the bridesmaids? it just an idea..

9 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on February 17, 2018 at 06:54
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have 225 guests and only 1 MOH and 1 best man, flower girl and ring bearer, that's it!!! Best decision ever actually! Smiley smile But alot of my cousin's and friends offered to help with my shower and wedding stuff as well, so it can just happen naturally. I'm just making sure that I honour them and their help during speeches and getting them a little gift as well.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that idea, or even a flower crown. So sweet!
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having a small ceremony as well and made the decision that we didn’t want to have a formal wedding party at all. With that being said of course I had girls I wanted to include in my special day. I’ve invited them to help me get ready on the morning of and to wear a dress/outfit of their choice in the wedding colours and giving them flower bracelets to wear. My FH will be doing the same with his brothers and best friend and giving them boutonnières.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is a good idea ☺️
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the corsage idea and you could invite them to a part of the morning to get ready! You could also possibly seat them with you depending on how big your head table can be!

• Catherine
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m in a similar situation. Small wedding (60 people) and only two bridesmaids. I’m going to invite two of my other close friends to get ready with me on the morning of, and paying for their makeup to get done as well.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could give them a little gift or invite them to get ready with you.

• Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a nice idea

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Rather than restrict what colour they are wearing, you could give them a wrist corsage to show them that they are special to you. Just an idea.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics