Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Honeymoons! - How long will your honeymoon be?

Joey, on February 5, 2018 at 08:06 Posted in Honeymoon 0 23

After the wedding comes the honeymoon - a romantic vacation for you and your new spouse to decompress after the wedding and spend time together. We want to hear all about the awesome trip that you have planned!

How long will your honeymoon last? How did you decide how long it will be?

Who will leave for the honeymoon directly from your reception?Honeymoons! - How long will your honeymoon be? 1

Photo by jamie dimitry photography in Edmonton

If you still can't decide, here are some tips to help you choose whether a honeymoon or mini-moon will be best for you.

>>Click here to go to the next question, How long after the wedding will your honeymoon begin?

23 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on November 22, 2018 at 23:52
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was gone a total of 17 nights, he was there 16 nights (he was working in Greece and had to go back)

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just booked last week! 11-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise (Royal Caribbean). In January. Cruise is 2 days after wedding, but we fly down to Florida the next day. Saturday - Wedding, Sunday - Flights, Monday - Cruise.

We are beyond excited. All inclusive (getting drink packages), sun, sand, and nothing else. One of the perks I saw to getting married in January was that for the honeymoon, and any anniversary trips thereafter, would be escaping gloomy, usually rainy, Vancouver winters!

Honeymoons! - How long will your honeymoon be? 2

• M
    Newbie August 2018 New Brunswick
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our Honeymoon begins 2 days after our wedding. We are taking 14 days for backpacking in Scotland and in Croatia. I kinda bit off more than I can chew in the planning department.... wedding + backpacking adventure... but it's all coming together nicely.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We delayed our honeymoon until our 1 year anniversary, but when we did take it we went for 10 days. I pushed for 14 but DH reined me in Smiley sad

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

After the wedding I think we will be taking a week off to visit with different people who came from farther away and we want to take our honey moon during the winter seasons

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ll be gone for a little under a week.
  • Kathleen
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Kathleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My work doesn’t allow vacation between October and January (we’re getting married in October) so we’ll be going the following summer! (And it gives us more time to save!)
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! Enjoy yours as well!!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow, this sounds amazing! Great decision if you can make it work. Enjoy your honeymoon!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not taking our honeymoon until 4 months later, during the summer, since it works out easier for our vacation time. We'll be gone for 2 weeks!

• Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were gone for 2 weeks! Wish it was longer but work gets in the way!
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

14 days exactly Smiley smile can't wait

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Two weeks most likely. We don't want to take too much time off of work, we will be saving for a house and family.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re most-likely going to be going away for 2 weeks. We got this number because we have been on several week-long vacations together and 2 weeks would feel more special.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Full weekend 3 days only. Planning to go dining, window shopping and take pictures at the popular sites.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Will be leaving a few days after the wedding (not set in stone) and will be around 10 days
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We"ll be waiting a couple of months before going on our honeymoon. It'll be around 10 days.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We leave on June 30th and will be back in Thunder Bay on the 7th of July. We have a lay over in Toronto for a night on the 6th.

• Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ya we were plannig on going for something like 2 or 3 weeks and then we just decided to go big. We are really only limitted by the amount of time i was able to get off work... Ideally we wanted to go for 3 months but 2 months aint bad Smiley winking neither of is has done much travelling so this is really our chance to go backpacking and see all the thinngs we wanna see.

Also helps that my FH had been saving for a long time for a down payment but the housing market is just insane right now and we arent anywhere close to being able to afford buying a house so we decided to travel with the money instead.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

8 weeks! AH I'm so jealous!

We're doing 3 weeks, but now I want more!

• Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have decided on 8 weeks! We were both able to get the time off work and we decided to was our best chance to get some real travelling in before we have a mortgage and kids to worry about.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was going to be 10 days, but that's when we were heading to a tropical destination. No shorter than a week but we might still go for 10 days.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going for 2 weeks as we plan on traveling quite far away. We are having a delayed honeymoon.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics