Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Honeymoon Suggestions

Kelly, on June 22, 2018 at 11:03 Posted in Honeymoon 0 19

Spam me where you're honeymooning! We can't decide!

Ideally we want to go somewhere together where neither of us has been. We definitely don't want to do a resort of a cruise vacation though.

Our first idea was Disney World. I have no clue how much a Disney vacation is.

Does anybody have any recommendations for travel sites that have great flight deals? We don't travel a bunch, so all you avid travelers, share your secrets!!

19 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on June 25, 2018 at 11:27
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to Bali for our honeymoon and did 2 weeks there in 2 different spots. It was awesome!! Such a beautiful place with interesting things to do, lots of nature, great food, and friendly people.

• Bianca
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Getting married in Mexico and honeymooning there at the same time Smiley laugh . You could do Disney world and universal that would be really fun, also if you do Disney depending on when you go and when you book you could get a free dining plan with their promos
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just had a dream about Disney World lol. That would definitely be a fun and unconventional honeymoon!

We're considering either an all-inclusive resort or considering something like Bali. It all depends on budget and how much research and orgaizing I want to do for it lol.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked the All Inclusive Sandals Ochi Resort in Jamaica!!

• K
    Newbie July 2019 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Google flights will get you the cheapest flights every time. They use all the info from skyscanner, kayak, Expedia, etc so you can’t go wrong!
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try Skyscanner website, I always use it to find flights. You can put the month if your dates are flexible or for destination you can put everywhere and it will give you prices for all over so you can pick something in your price range. We will probably go to Thailand because we spent a couple months backpacking there years ago and have always wanted to go back.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing England to visit all my family. We’re gonna be there for 2-3 weeks because anything less than that isn’t worth it with all of the jet lag.
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    10 day Disney Cruise. Maybe a few days in DisneyWorld. We’ll see.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We want to do Ireland or New Zealand for ours. We usually book our vacations through red tag and have never had a problem with it Smiley smile
  • Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Las Vegas!!!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going big and heading to Bora Bora and Moorea (in 3 weeks!). It's been a huge dream for me to go to these islands, so I'm looking forward to it!

If you're not into the resorts or cruises, I highly suggest either Europe (Greece, Croatia or Malta) or Central America (Costa Rica, Guatemala, Panama). You can easily do tours and fun excursions without having to sit on a beach all day.

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're keeping it simple and going to the Mayan Riviera, Mexico Smiley smile Just want to relax on the beach with my love!
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are thinking Germany and France or Ireland and Scotland! . we can only do 3 weeks away, so dont want a loaded itinerary of countries but we are both very much in to beer and wine and will be focusing our travel destinations on that ❤
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are unsure of where you want to go. my friend just discovered a new trick with google flights. you can put in your departure city and when you want to go. and move a map around and it will show you flight costs for all the places in that area on the map.

my suggestion was going to st martin. it is my FAV island. its so beautiful there. but that would be a resort vaca. other if you are more into adventures/hiking/outdoors would be an Alaskan cruise. Alaska is one of the most beautiful countries I have been to.

Disney can be very expensive. but it can also be very affordable if you plan properly. looking at package deals. and not their most expensive hotel to stay at vs their budget friendly one. or looking at an air bnb and then buying park/meal pass.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

*sigh* Well, you don't want a cruise, but that's what we are doing. Flying to Ft Lauderdale and doing an 11-night Southern Caribbean cruise (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, St. Lucia & Antigua)... I'm super stoked.

I love love love Disney though, so I'm totally jealous if you go with that!

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to Italy for 2 weeks, spending some time in Rome then going down to the Amalfi Coast! We used a travel agent to book our hotel and flights. She was super helpful on helping with finding hotels decent prices that are close to what we want to do while we are there. It was nice to have someone else do all of the research for us to narrow down our options.

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you watch Disney has times where it’s 25% off for Canadians. We stayed at Disneyland in California and you can get packages that include rooms, meals and park tickets. But I can’t remember which site that was through.

If your just looking for flights hopper is a great app that can give you really good deals with good airlines but at budget airline prices. It also lets you know if it anticipates prices to go up or down so you can pick the right time to book.
  • J
    Newbie August 2018 Nova Scotia
    Josie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to Greece as well! (10 days)
  • Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going to Greece! (for 10 days)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics