Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hollie
Beginner September 2018 Ontario

Honeymoon Suggestions

Hollie, on February 6, 2018 at 13:15 Posted in Honeymoon 0 16
Fiance and I are looking for suggestions for a Honeymoon in Canada that is not Niagara Falls. We are willing to travel really anywhere in Canada from Ontario, and open to suggestions in Ontario as well. This would take place in September.
Looking forward to hearing suggestions Smiley smile

16 Comments

Latest activity by Stacey, on April 2, 2018 at 22:54
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check out the East Coast Smiley smile even the maritimes. It was the best trip I’ve ever been on. Espically Halifax! The downtown life was lots of fun plus since it’s one of the first settlement in Canada... there’s something special about it. Also Peggy’s Cove! That was cool Smiley smile even went to New Foubdland & Labrador.. you might even see some melting ice burgs off the shore.
  • Hollie
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Hollie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone for the recommendations! We ended up deciding on Mont Tremblant in Quebec! Although it is a ski resort, off season there is still lots of things to do and greatly priced! Also something new for us, and will be a relaxing little getaway!
  • M
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One place i would recommend is Tobermory, ON its beautiful especially if you guys like the outdoor activities and scenery. The last visit i made we camped there, its just a small town but just beautiful! also you can take a glass bottom boat tour the flower pott island for amazing hiking trails, and also first hand view at the giant flower potts which are really neat to see! We also did snorkelling they bring you to various different ship wreak sites and they are so shallow i could stand on the ship itself! it was amazing!! and affordable!!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could do a really amazing Rocky Mountain trip. Hit up Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, and head to BC and do the Okanagan. You get the best of the hiking, the mountains, the lakes, the vinyards, hot springs, touristy towns and everything!

Alternative suggestion: Newfoundland. Everybody I know that has been there says it has been the best vacation they've ever been on.

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did Montreal, Quebec City & then to Gatineau and went to Nordic Spa.
    I think anywhere out west or east would be awesome -Canada has so much to see!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

West Coast (Vancouver Island) or East Coast (Newfoundland/Cape Breton) are both great places to visit. If you're looking for something within Ontario, going to the Muskoka's could be an option and renting out a little cottage by the lake or staying at a resort there. You could also venture to Northern Ontario (Kenora or around that area), they have some great places too!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I third this recomendation! Every september i do a winery trip to the okanagan and it is a fantastic time of year to go because it isnt super busy like the summer.

And Vancouver Island is absolutely amazing and Tofino/ucluelet is probably one of my favorite places to go. And Nanaimo is lovely. So many hidden gems there and cool food stops to make.
  • Brittany
    Beginner September 2018 British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I may be slightly biased as a BC girl, but BC in September is just one of the most beautiful places ever! Smiley smile I second the recommendation for Vancouver Island. You could do a lovely road trip and do some wineries in the Okanagan (Kelowna area), then do Vancouver for a few days and head over to Vancouver Island for hiking and beaches!

• Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Newfoundland or Gaspe. Two places I’d love to go.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mont Blanc north of Montreal is a beautiful place to go for a honeymoon.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Man, SO many options.

Nova Scotia/PEI/N.B are a great miniroad trip combo. If you drive from Ontario, drive through the states as its a really pretty drive.

Banff/Jasper would be another great choice. Some gorgeous views in that area.

You can also do Northern Ontario/Quebec or Ontario for some more articy feeling fun.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Georgian Bay is super pretty!

I drove from Southwestern Ontario to Edmonton three years ago--such a pretty drive (especially northern Ontario around Lake Superior!)

We're going to Jasper and Banff. Fall starts early there so it'll be really pretty yellows, cool nights, and can still be pretty warm during the day. Lots to do. Hikes, hot springs, camping. But, they are really touristy. Another place in the mountains is Grande Cache. Super pretty, not as touristy, but in the mountains and still lots to do there (not as much as Jasper or Banff) It's in the middle of nowhere though.

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Prince Edward county! Totally beautiful, great wine, great food.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a road trip out East a few summers ago which was really fun. We went to several places in Québec and New Brunswick and then dipped down into the States a bit as well. Beautiful drives in that part!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Vancouver Island (Tofino, Uclulet) would be on my list! The drive there is beautiful and the towns are nothing short of amazing. There are lots of hiking trails, surfing opportunities, long beaches and restaurants to keep you entertained!

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't know if you guys are into it of course, but maybe Yellowknife is an idea? I personally haven't been there (definitely planning to go some time tho) but from what I've read and seen about it there's basically northern lights every single evening. Pretty romantic and fancy?

Though you might wanna check out the daytime activities and I think you need to be willing to go camping / "glamping" if you want to go to that part. Dont know if you'd he interested in being that adventurous on your honeymoon.

Whistler / Squeamish, Vancouver Island and Banff / Jasper are also really pretty

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics