Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Honeymoon - somewhere you've been before, or somewhere new?

Joey, on June 27, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Honeymoon 0 24

On your honeymoon, will you be exploring somewhere you've never been before? Or will you be revisiting a favorite location, possibly someplace with sentimental value or importance to your relationship? Tell us all about this location you chose!

Honeymoon - somewhere you've been before, or somewhere new? 1

Photo by Orange Trunk in Calgary

24 Comments

Latest activity by Valérie, on July 1, 2018 at 11:50
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Somewhere new. Now, if we could only agree on where/when!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Somewhere new! The town is new. We’ve both been to BC before, but not this town.
  • Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Puerto Rico is a place Ive been before but neither of us have been to the Dominican Republic
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did actually! Me and my Fiance went there this past spring in that exact order. Our main destination was Prague where he has some relatives we were visiting but we chose the plane rides with the longest layovers so we could explore beyond the airports Smiley laugh

If I had more time in Paris I would definitely go to the less touristy locations but since we only had less than 12 hours we wanted to go on the Eiffel tower and eat at a little side street cafe - we had FRENCH onion soup lol

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Did you go to all three places in one trip? That's a great itinerary! I agree with all three of your statements though about those locations. A lot of people talk about Paris and love it, but I've been twice and really don't love the atmostphere. It is slightly different if you go to the less touristy locations though. I've heard Southern France is a dream though, so I'm not writing off France completely just yet.

• Tiffany
    Beginner August 2019 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be going somewhere new for sure. We have traveled quite a bit together, so we are always in for a new adventure without being stressed about language barriers, getting around, etc etc.

• Feya
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Feya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I might just go to the West Coast though (never been), who knows!
  • Feya
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Feya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    OOH such a good question.
    I think for my honeymoon I'll head to the falls. The last time I was there was my parent's graduation gift for me for highschool, so it's been a few years since then.
    My husband has only seen them from afar so it'll be quite exciting to go there with him!
    Hopefully in ten years when we do our dream wedding we can head to new Zealand!
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I are thinking of somewhere new.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We like to explore new places.
    The world is a big place and there is so much to see!
    We are headed to Indonesia which we are excited for.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hawaii! Somewhere new! My fiance doesnt really like going to the same place twice (sucks cause I've been dying to go back to Jamaica haha!) So Hawaii is new and a bit different going to be amazing!
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Europe, new for Both of us.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We wanted to go back to Cancun (where he proposed), but due to circumstances with crime there, we're looking to do somewhere new.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mostly new. I lived in Europe for 4 years, so I travelled extensively as a kid/teen... my fiance has never travelled out of Canada/USA (only WA & AZ)...

We are taking a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale to the Southern Caribbean (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, St. Lucia, Antigua). I have been to Aruba, and left out of Ft Lauderdale for Eastern/Western cruises... But the other islands will be new for both of us.

It's our first trip/vacation just us two... AHHHH! So excited... can't wait. We joke we aren't coming back.

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have already been where we're going, but I was 11 so I don't remember it much, and my FH has never been there. We also have a couple days at the end in a place that's new for both of us.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went somewhere new. We spent 2 weeks in Bali, Indonesia and it was awesome!

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going somewhere new, it’ll be our first trip overseas together. We are booked for the Dominican! ❤️
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Somewhere new, cannot wait!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both! We are going back to Walt Disney World for a week (old) and then doing a 10 day cruise (new). We figure it's a good combination, and eases my fiances anxiety to a manageable level (he gets really anxious traveling to a new destination, so starting somewhere we've been and then going to somewhere new will be easier for him).

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Somewhere new! I'm an adventurer and prefer to see new places as often as possible. My husband and I are headed to Bora Bora and Moorea in 3 weeks!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Although we have not yet decided - I only just got on a plane for the first time this year! So most places are new to me. The only places that I won't want to honey moon are:

Paris (dirty everywhere with snobby people; never again!)

Prague (Loved it! Will go again; just not for honeymoon)

Amsterdam (Beautiful, but way to expensive with our dollar as low as it is in comparison)

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Going somewhere new. But for the minimoon exploring more of a place we've been before
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having a destination wedding so we’re not having a honeymoon BUT if we get a windfall and the budget increases exponentially, we’d both like to go to Paris. I’d love to recreate a Sidney Poitier x Dianne Carroll circa “Paris Blues” experience... sigh.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Somewhere new. We are going to New Zealand! It’s the one place we both want to go more then anywhere else, so we figure our honeymoon is the perfect time to go!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics