Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Featured August 2023 Alberta

Honeymoon Plans!

Brittany, on June 12, 2023 at 15:54 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22

Hi Everyone!

Recently, my fiancé and I decided to book a mini honeymoon! We are unsure where we want to go and we both get pretty busy in the fall so we are going to book out actual honeymoon in 2024. An other big thing - I don't want to go somewhere tropical when its summer time here. I would rather get a chance to escape the cold for a week or two.

BUT! We really wanted to get away right after the wedding. Family will be going home, so we thought of a place in the US that could be cheap to get too and landed on Las Vegas! I am so excited to check out all these shows and restaurants.

Has anyone else done a mini honeymoon? Are you planning the same for after your wedding this summer?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Alice, on June 21, 2023 at 06:20
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much! I hope you guys also enjoy your week at the cabin. I love doing things like that, so peaceful!

• Jordyn
    Curious July 2023 Manitoba
    Jordyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing that too ! I hope you guys have lots of fun and enjoy your trips together ! 💕✈️
    For our mini honeymoon, we booked a cabin at the lake which is just an hour away and it’s where he proposed ! We’ll be there for a week then we’re travelling to a football game with my family after that week.
    We are hoping to do a tropical vacation next year or the year after too !
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley heart It will definitely have more meaning! I have so been wanting to go to Spain.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omgsh soooo vote Spain for the 1 year anni. Such a good plan and to celebrate big birthdays on top of it!

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL we are the same way in deciding where to go hahaha

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't plan on a honeymoon at first. Then we decided mini getaway to Montreal, then that changed. Then we decided on Los Angeles - that changed. We opted to go somewhere all inclusive, where we've been before - Cuba. A simple getaway, nothing extravagant. We decided that we would go to Spain for our one year anniversary instead. Also our 50th bdays, so works out really nice.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's going to be a blast we're going for 13 days!
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What a great idea! I hope you both have a wonderful time!

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So far we have tickets for the Cirque Du Soleil and have booked a bunch of restaurants! Probably will have everything planned out by the end of the month.

Right now we are thinking either Greece, Maldives or Jamaica for actual honeymoon!

• Mila
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Vegas is so much fun! You’ll have a blast with the shows and food! What show are you seeing? Do you have ideas for your honeymoon in 2024? (I know so many questions, I’m just so excited for you 😄).

Our original plan was to go in 2024, but we go away every February for my birthday and planning another trip for April 2024 so felt like our honeymoon was getting lost. We randomly then decided to just book a cruise for our honeymoon which will be in November, about a week and a half after the wedding.
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds so busy but so much fun Smiley smile

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is awesome! We are also staying in Banff a few days after the wedding (it is where we are getting married) and a lot of family are coming down for the first time ever and have never seen the mountains like in the Banff area. So that will be exciting!

Definitely do it! We are looking to book for actual honeymoon somewhere warm around the same time (Feb-Mar).

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Its a definite must! I love disney! The two of you will have a blast!

We're both beyond excited!! 3 days at Disneyland a day a six flags magic mountain, we've got tickets to go and see an MLB game! Knotts Berry Farm, universal studios!! Excited to see Harry Potter world and Mario world!! Then we're heading down to san Diego to go to sea world and the zoo!!
  • Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a mini honeymoon in Canmore for a few days right after, he’s from Pennsylvania so his people will have made a long trip and staying for a bit so we will spend some time with them in Banff.

Then we will be going to Curaçao in late October (about a month after). This was a bit of a tough call because, like you, I would rather get away during our cold winters, but I also wanted to take the trip on the heels of our wedding and really enjoy the honeymoon bliss. So hopefully we will be able to sneak away somewhere warm too in Feb when we are regretting that decision 😂
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh cottage life, quiet surroundings it will be perfect.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am sure it will be a wonderful time Smiley smile

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are renting a cabin, nothing too wild since I will almost be due, so it will be a babymoom/minimoon.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omgg that's lucky!! I totally agree! I want a tropical vacation in the winter! Which is why we went in November
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree! Especially since in the summer - going somewhere tropical is usually advised against because of the rain and hurricanes. Why would I risk it!? It is just not worth it to me.

Last year my friend went on her honeymoon in August in the DR and they missed the hurricane by a week!!! Yeah no thanks lo

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is so exciting! We are planning a trip to Disney too. It is on both of our bucket list!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did a minimoon to banff right after the wedding then went to Punta Cana 6 months after the wedding! I think doing a few day trip right after the wedding is such a good idea if you can't do your honeymoon right away.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You're going to have a blast in Vegas!!! I've been there too many times to count and I just love all the hotels, shopping and restaurants!!

My husband and I didn't do a honeymoon right after our wedding since we had spend 3 and half weeks in Kelowna. And that itself is a holiday and a half! We have decided to go on our one year anniversary which we actually leave in 48 days to Disneyland!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics