Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie September 2018 Manitoba

Honeymoon pictures

Amanda, on August 27, 2017 at 14:26 Posted in Honeymoon 0 4

Hello,

This is my first post! I will try and make this short and to the point.

I have been engaged for 2 months, and so far plans have changed so quickly, it's hard to make a decision. First, we were set on getting married in Vegas, I was in love with getting our pictures taken at Red Rock Canyon and having a little adventure to start our lives together. The location is just beautiful and so is the Flamingo gardens with the waterfall.... This is what I picture my dream wedding to be. But some family members don't like the idea of shelling out $$$ to come to our wedding just cause we want to have it in Las Vegas. We estimated only maybe 20 will go. Almost half being immediate family, and half that immediate family not being as financially set up for vacations. So I am considering having it at home, in the prairies.... that brings me to my question....

I am considering doing a mini-moon and taking pictures somewhere similar in the area, with some cacti and palm trees just like how I originally wanted. We aren't doing an engagement shoot and I thought this would be more special instead. A just-married photoshoot. Has anyone ever done something like this? A Honeymoon photoshoot? Am I crazy for doing this?

Now I'm thinking of planning a "tropical" themed wedding in the middle of the prairies. Now I feel crazy.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Carol, on September 2, 2017 at 18:42
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that is a wonderful idea!Smiley love

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the idea of honeymoon photos! Why not? I actually have a friend who just did honeymoon photos. They got married in their house one evening and then went to Barbados and had their photos taken there on the beach. They were beautiful!
    We were going to skip engagement photos but they come complimentary with our wedding photographer that we booked.
  • Dana
    Curious May 2018 British Columbia
    Dana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honeymoon pictures are so genius!! We also have foregone engagement photos as we were on a 17 day vacation at the time and didn't really see a point. Never fear being the first to do something amazing like that, especially if it's what you want. Might have to do that myself!
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A tropical themed wedding in the prairies! How original! I think people would like it especially if they can't afford to travel. You could have a steel drum performer, tropical cocktails, palm trees with little lights on them for decor, tropical plants for centerpieces, a tropical screen set up for picture taking, etc. You could hire a photographer in Las Vegas for your honeymoon pictures. I think this is a wonderful idea.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics