Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sonja
VIP September 2017 Ontario

Honeymoon or not?

Sonja, on August 10, 2017 at 09:52 Posted in Honeymoon 0 42

Are you having a honeymoon? If so, when will you be taking it, and where are you going?

42 Comments

Latest activity by Sonja, on August 14, 2017 at 15:52
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Melissa,

Well, I couldn't have found a better person to give me some suggestions since you've lived there. I will put those cities on my list and check out Victoria by the sea and Greenwich National Park. Is there a nice park to bring our trailer to?

• Melissa
    Beginner August 2018 Prince Edward Island
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Sonja! Charlottetown and Cavendish are definitely very popular and more "touristy", but still worth seeing if you haven't been before! Some more "hidden gems" I would suggest are Victoria by the sea, Greenwich national park, basin head beach, and really any smaller fishing villages, provincial park beaches and lighthouses around the points east and north cape coastal drives. So, definitely hit Charlottetown and Cavendish, but if you have a bit more time ( or are looking for low-key, quiet and peaceful) spend some time or the eastern and/or western ends! If you have any more questions let me know, I've lived here my whole life and worked in a visitor info centre here for many summers!
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congratulations, Chelsea! You'll have to show us some pictures. Have a great honeymoon!

• Alanah
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Alanah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's too bad! Where I live the plane ride is about the same length of time from either destination, guess we will decide based who has the mildest hurricane season Smiley laugh
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to Jamaica. We are leaving this Thursday, and our wedding was Saturday. This gives us a chance to relax before the honeymoon.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kaytee, where is Samana?

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Alana, I've always wanted to go to Hawaii but my fiance doesn't like flying that long.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's wonderful that you bought a house!! Not many young couples can do that. Hopefully you'll get to do a night or two at a nice hotel or go to a bed and breakfast. You deserve it.

• Kaytee
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, we are doing two. We have two dogs and don't like to leave them for two long so we are breaking our honeymoon into two separate trips for 1 week each. Samana 2 days after the wedding and NYC around Christmas time. Smiley heart Relaxing and then bucketlist trip.

• Alanah
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Alanah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were definitely going on a honeymoon, we're just not sure if it will be immediately after the wedding. I would love to go to Mexico or Hawaii! Somewhere gorgeous and hot Smiley smile
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were not doing one. Were getting married end of may next year. BUT, we just bought a house so we will have plenty of fun getting the landscaping and planting in order aroumd that time of the year. Were super excited to put in new grass and a hot tub. Much better than a one time vacation, for us, lol
  • K
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Keri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think Mardi Gras is in Feb but we'd be more interested in heading there outside of that time/craziness during late Spring or Summer. The food, music, architecture, ppl... There's so much to see there & experience! Always been on my list :-)
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Chloe, that sound really unique. Hopefully you'll check out the sights in Washington as well.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Vanessa, I just checked your wedding date. I think Europe would be awesome in the summer. Save the trips down south to break up the winters. At least, that's what I would do.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Keri, it's always about the budget. New Orleans might be a great place. When is Mardi Gras?

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're going to Port Townsend, Washington. It's really beautiful, and there is a workshop there called "With These Rings Handmade" where you can make each other's wedding bands. In the ceremony we'll just use something makeshift for rings and then make each other's rings on the honeymoon!
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes to the honeymoon! We will be going shortly after we get married! As I am an EA and work during the school year its hard to get time off during that time so we only really have the summer to go on holidays unless I get laid off again and I don't want that even though Mexico was beautiful last February. We are debating whether to go on a cruise, go explore Europe or an all exclusive down south again. So many decisions!! We love to travel!!

• K
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Keri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We'll have a getaway adventure but not right after the wedding. Thinking a few weeks to a few months, depending on budget. We've been thinking New Orleans lately!
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Joey, Portugal sounds lovely. It's unfortunate that you only had one week but that would have been a very exciting trip.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We waited a year and then we went to Portugal for one week, it was gorgeous!

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is very true, Erin. I raised 4 children and we only went on one trip to Florida with all of them. It cost $10,000!! My daughter got married 4 years ago and they are doing a trip a year until they have kids. This year it's England for a wedding and then a Mediterranean cruise.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh we plan on traveling but there are some trips you cannot do when older or encumbered by children lol

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Don't think that way. You'll have more chances to travel, I'm sure. But subsequent vacations are not a honeymoon, are they.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Lynnie, did you take one or two weeks?

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Melissa, that sounds really nice. We'll be coming to the east coast for our honeymoon. What places do you recommend for us to visit in P.E.I.?

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes indeed. We want to do something that is a trip we may never get a chance to repeat.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How exotic, Erin! You really do need two weeks to have a good vacation.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've heard that Costa Rica is a great destination, Andrea. What will it cost to go there?

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't blame you for waiting, Sasha. That will be a lovely trip.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Rekramer, Israel is a place I would love to see. Someday, maybe.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Such amazing sounding locations!! We went on our honeymoon right after the wedding, and went to St. Lucia and Barbados!

It was our first big trip as a couple even though we've been dating for almost 9 years now Smiley surprise In the past we've always spent all of our vacation time and travel money on attending our friends weddings Smiley heart

St. LuciaSt. Lucia

BarbadosBarbados

How to Decide Where to Go On Your Honeymoon

Tips for Choosing the Perfect Honeymoon Destination

• Melissa
    Beginner August 2018 Prince Edward Island
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to take some time to rest the week after the wedding, and then take a long weekend trip the following weekend! We live in Prince Edward Island, so we will be taking the ferry over to the Magdalen Islands (part of Quebec) for 3-4 days. For the wedding night, they give us a free suite at the hotel where we are having our reception.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics