Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shelby
Frequent user October 2017 British Columbia

Honeymoon ideas?

Shelby, on August 16, 2017 at 15:31 Posted in Honeymoon 0 12

My fiance and I will be getting married in October in Chilliwack, BC. I'm a teacher so I'm not able to take vacation time, other then the usual holidays. We will be going away for our honeymoon on a three day weekend in October. We don't want to spend too much time driving due to limited amount of time, but I'm not sure where we should go!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Shelby, on August 18, 2017 at 14:25
  • Shelby
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was thinking of Tofino! We've always talked about going there together.

• Shelby
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great ideas, I'll look into those places! Smiley smile

• Alanah
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Alanah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Canada doesn't always have the nicest weather in October but if you want to do a mini "staycation" you could go to the island. Tofino, Parksville, Comox, there are many beautiful places. That way you could maximize the time you have together rather than spend it all travelling.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My Brother And Sister in law, have paid for ours. We are going to Hard Rock Hotel in Punta Cana. My Cousin just came back from hers from Lake Louise and Whistler, they are now at her families cottage for 1 more week.
  • C
    Newbie November 2017 British Columbia
    Clara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Shelby,

Congratulations on the wedding......

If you are looking for a beautiful long beach, then I will suggest you, Crane. I have been there once with my boyfriend. It's very clean and the water sparkles are quite cold and refreshing. The wide tide is a delightful sight there. We went on a sunny day. It was just...awesome!.

The changing rooms are neat and private.The outdoor showers are great. Parking is not a concern there but expensive. If you are a member of the Trustees of Reservations, then you will get a reduction in parking charges. I can completely assure you that the fee that we pay is worth for the cleanliness and facilities of the beach.

If you are interested in hiking and all, you can have hiking trails which are really terrific with amazing views all their own. We strolled one of the hiking trails and that was nice. Trust me...It will be fun to have a trial with your partner. But you are not allowed to fly kites there. The authorities say it will affect the birds badly. I think that restriction is good. All of us are equally responsible for conserving nature and our co beings.

No hot dogs, hamburgers, Mac and cheese, or any fast food are available at the snack bar. But they did have lemonade and popcorns and some nuts like hazelnut, chestnut, and almond which I love.

And for accommodation, we chose a nearby Barbados honeymoon resorts . After a day of fun filled activities, we enjoyed a romantic dinner overlooking the beach, with great food and wine. And I’m happy to reveal that at the end of the dinner, we decided to get married. Our wedding ceremony is scheduled for this November.

I think for newlyweds, the resort is offering some honeymoon activities in Barbados like submarine tours, Catamaran Cruise Tours, facilities to explore Barbados caves etc. I don’t know much about the rates and all. If you could enquire about this somewhere else, then it would be nice.

• C
    Frequent user November 2017 Ontario
    Chris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As you are out west perhaps Malibu area in California or napa / Sonoma valley area.
    We are doing weekend getaway right after but we are not calling it our honeymoon Smiley smile . We are then doing our official honeymoon several months later due to work vacation schedules
  • C
    Frequent user November 2017 Ontario
    Chris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    3 days only near BC speak to a travel agent at Flight centre they can get you.a good deal w a short flight from your location. You would want under 3.5 hour flight
  • B
    Newbie November 2018 Ontario
    Brad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Atlantis the water park in the Bahamas!
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My uncle lives in Osoyoos, BC, and it is beautiful! It is basically tropical weather all year round I have heard!

• Shelby
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, we're open to ideas in BC, Washington and possibly Oregon!
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So you are staying local then? We went to vegas for four days and it was great! But BC is so pretty, are u just doing it there?
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hit the sunshine coast! Gibsons, roberts creek, seschelt, maybe even up to powell river. Most people forget about it when considering where to travel from here (im from abbotsford) but it is absolutely beautiful and there are so mAny cool places to check out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics