Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsie
Master July 2021 Ontario

Honeymoon Booked!

Kelsie, on August 27, 2019 at 12:14

Posted in Honeymoon 49

My FH and I booked our Honeymoon after much debate and back and forth! I truly believe planning this honeymoon was more difficult than making any decisions for our wedding. We're going to take off the morning after the wedding to St. Lucia for two weeks! We chose two different all inclusive Sandals...

My FH and I booked our Honeymoon after much debate and back and forth! I truly believe planning this honeymoon was more difficult than making any decisions for our wedding.

We're going to take off the morning after the wedding to St. Lucia for two weeks! We chose two different all inclusive Sandals resorts to keep things interesting over the two weeks.

What is everyone planning on doing for their honeymoons?!

Are you leaving right away? Or taking a break in between? Are you skipping a honeymoon altogether? Or maybe taking a minimoon!

If you're not quite there in your planning - what would you want to do for your honeymoon?

I'd love to hear what everyone is doing!

Sandalscfb_51489.jpg

49 Comments

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Which resort did you go to?! We're going to Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Regency La Toc! Super excited!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No honeymoon just yet - but we are wanting to go on a cruise or somewhere beachy for it in 2020!

Right now we have decided to have a minimoon in the city at one of the more expensive hotels Smiley smile Have a spa day and everything Smiley smile

• Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much for tip. I’ll certainly heed
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow that place looks incredible! My parents went to St. Lucia years ago and loved it - you're going to have an amazing time!

We might do a mini-moon right after the wedding but our jobs ramp up in the fall so we wouldn't be able to get away for a real one til winter. We're thinking of travelling around Europe but aren't sure what the weather will allow at that time of year so we'll see what happens.

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been to Sandals St. Lucia - you are going to love it soooooo much!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a Caribbean Cruise with Royal Caribbean a week after the wedding! We're going to Miami a few days beforehand (where we got engaged) to get some extra relaxation in!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No clue yet- we need to narrow it down still lol I have to get my fh to get his passport first then decide after.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will for sure post about it once we are back Smiley smile
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cancun has the nicest beach I've ever seen (next to Cuba) - white sand and clear water!

Riviera Maya is a bit corroded.

If you're a beach person, Cancun is my recommendation. If you're not, then Riviera Maya is great for everything else. That's been my experience!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tripadvisor is my best friend and your resort looks fantastic!!! Not many resorts get rated 5 stars on Tripadvisor!

I'm saving this resort for future trips for sure!

• Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re actually planning for Mexico at a resort for October. I’m thinking we’ll be there for about a week., just trying to finalize the hotel. Exciting! I’ve never been to Mexico so I’m looking forward to that.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol just outside of Cancun, clearly in Mexico!
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My Dad and Step Mom went for their honeymoon a couple years and said it was amazing so we booked it! Excellence Playa Mejures. Its just outside of Mexico. We can’t wait to go!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you know where you're going in March?! Or any ideas on where you might be interested in going?

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Where are you going in Mexico! I've had a fabulous time both times I went (Cancun and Riviera Maya). I've never been to an Excellence resort before but I've heard they are fantastic!

That's great you're going when the weather is cold! Gives you something to look forward to!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very exciting! It will be worth it and much needed after all done and said! Going to all inclusive in March- just want something relaxing with things near by or excursions anyway

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Beautiful! St Lucia is on my bucket list for sure! We are going to an Excellence resort in Mexico for 2 weeks. FH loves to fish. So he gets to do this while I relax and read on the beach all day! Best of both worlds for us!
    We aren’t leaving until the beginning of November so we are away for some colder weather!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics