Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsie
Master July 2021 Ontario

Honeymoon Booked!

Kelsie, on August 27, 2019 at 12:14 Posted in Honeymoon 0 49

My FH and I booked our Honeymoon after much debate and back and forth! I truly believe planning this honeymoon was more difficult than making any decisions for our wedding.

We're going to take off the morning after the wedding to St. Lucia for two weeks! We chose two different all inclusive Sandals resorts to keep things interesting over the two weeks.

What is everyone planning on doing for their honeymoons?!

Are you leaving right away? Or taking a break in between? Are you skipping a honeymoon altogether? Or maybe taking a minimoon!

If you're not quite there in your planning - what would you want to do for your honeymoon?

I'd love to hear what everyone is doing!

SandalsHoneymoon Booked! 1

49 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 23, 2019 at 15:50
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow this looks so beautiful! we are doing japan for our honeymoon!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cruises are great because you get to see so many different places! We are really looking forward to Sandals though Smiley smile

• Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I tried to talk FH into going to Sandals because I wasn't sure if he would have that problem. I know I won't because I've been on 4 cruises already (and going on another with my mom next year) but I don't want him to have problems. I tried to tell him we could do a cruise some other time but he's holding strong lol.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds fantastic!! We've never done a cruise before, not sure if one of us would get sick or not, so we opted not to do a cruise for our honeymoon this time round.

• Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really want to go to Sandals/Beaches - FH and I are doing that for an anniversary trip.

I think we're going to do a cruise and then a week in Orlando. That's the plan, anyway

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Message one of the admins to be accepted! I found it took them a really long time to accept anyone!!
  • Lynne
    Curious June 2022 Quebec
    Lynne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay thank you! I will join the Sandals Group on Facebook as well.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Tripadvisor and I’m part of a Sandals group on Facebook.
  • Lynne
    Curious June 2022 Quebec
    Lynne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Two weeks in Saint Lucia will be AMAZING! From which site were you getting your reviews?
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Grenada has the best reviews!! We just couldn’t afford it for 2 weeks so we picked St Lucia
  • Lynne
    Curious June 2022 Quebec
    Lynne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Kelsie! Congratulations! My fiance and I are also looking at Sandals resorts right now and St Lucia is definitely at the top of our list. Smiley smile We're also looking at Grenada and the Sandals Plantations resort in Jamaica because it's small and has amazing reviews. Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice! Never been there but sounds good!
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just got engaged in Hawaii 2 weeks ago and I want my honeymoon there for sure! No mosquitos or tummy troubles like most other beach destinations plus romantic sunsets and amazing views/activities/food so I think it's the perfect spot. We did Oahu so will be going to one of the other islands for our honeymoon.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My parents and FSIL went to Aruba for both of their respective honeymoons.

I just wanted something different, I think. It'll be a great experience we are really looking forward to going away right away the wedding.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! Your honeymoon sounds like it's going to be amazing! I wanted to go to a Sandals resort so badly, but they don't have them in Aruba (where we spent our honeymoon).

For ours, we spent 2 weeks in Aruba at the Riu Antillas, and it was amazing! The beach was great, resort was lovely, and Aruba is so safe! It was really nice being able to walk off the resort into town and not have anything to worry about. If we could do it again, I think we would definitely split it between two different resorts tho since by week 2 we were growing tired of the same place.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m not worried about Zika because we aren’t trying to get pregnant right away.

I think if you are trying right away, definitely be cautious and speak to your doctor. They’ll be able to give the best advice to keep you safe!
  • L
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Linnae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That looks amazing!! We get married in September and we were thinking an all inclusive in Mexico in January but I have been doing some research on the Zika Virus and I'm a little freaked out!! Anyone else worried about Zika? We would like to go somewhere hot and its basically everywhere South Smiley sad

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Looks like a beautiful place for a honeymoon.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, I'm so excited for this honeymoon! We're under a lot of stress at the moment; paying for the wedding, saving for a house, TRYING to buy a house, etc. so the honeymoon will be a much welcome vacation.

Europe is awesome! We did that last July by going to London, Paris, Rome and Florence! We had a fantastic time but it was a lot of keep on the move and changing locations. Good idea with the cruise! That's how we would do Europe next time! Keep your luggage in one location but get to see lots of places!

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Looks like an amazing choice! Awesome. Now you have something super relaxing to look forward too.

We are leaving 2 sleeps after our wedding day, and going to Europe for 3 weeks. Road trip in Germany & Switzerland (Staying at Villa Honegg - AMAZING boutique hotel) and then a week long Mediterranean cruise from Venice Smiley laugh The honeymoon was sort of planned out before the wedding, we just were not calling it a honeymoon when we started planning. But once we got engaged, it made sense to make this trip that!

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's so exciting!! Looks like a beautiful resort!

We're getting married in Punta Cana so it's serving as both the wedding and the honeymoon. That being said, I'm trying to convince my FH to go on a mini honeymoon a few months after the wedding before babies. 🙄😁
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Neither of us have cruised before. We're just crossing our fingers that there will be no sea sickness

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds amazing!! You'll have a fabulous time, I'm sure! I'm literally counting the days... 326 to go (ha ha!!).

• Carol
    Newbie November 2019 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Excellence El Carmen - adults only, we have a swim out suite - reviews are great and I have a friend who has been who LOVED it. I am counting the days as I'm sure you are too!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're very similar! We leave at 9:40 a.m., so at the airport at 6:40 a.m.

Where are you going in Punta Cana?! I went with my FH in January 2018 and we loved it!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow Caitlyn that's so cool!! Have you cruised before?

We opted not to take a cruise this trip because we both haven't cruised before and if one of us ever got sea sick or something... that would be a honeymoon to remember in a bad way!

• Carol
    Newbie November 2019 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

10 days in Punta Cana and we leave literally within hours of the wedding - flight is at 6:15 am - Yikes. Oh well - can't wait!!!! With all the planning for the wedding, frankly I'm more excited about the honeymoon than the wedding Smiley smile

Safe travels everyone xo

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Amazing!! They both look fantastic for different reasons. We wanted to break up the two week honeymoon with different reasons so we didn't get too repetitive.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked a cruise to the Bahamas on Royal Caribbean's navigator of the Seas. There's a rock climbing wall, surf simulator, 2 water slides, a skating rink (so excited to skate in the Bahamas), mini golf, an escape room, basketball and tennis courts and lots of pools and food. We chose a cruise over an all inclusive because FH and I both are like little kids who love tons of activities to keep us amused.

We fly out the day after our wedding to where the port is in Miami and are staying the night in a hotel there. then the next day we board the ship and start cruising! Our second day we stop in Nassau, Bahamas. Our third day we stop in Cocoa Cay, Bahamas which is Royal caribbean's private island that has great beaches and waterslides and ziplines and water activities. Then we have a full day of cruising and then back to Miami. It's a short trip but we both feel like ti will be enough for us. We haven't decided on all of our excursions yet, but we know we want to go snorkeling.

Honeymoon Booked! 2

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We stayed at the Regency but spent a full day at the Grande. Both were so good! The food was awesome and the beaches were great - if I recall, the Grande has the slightly better beach for chilling out and the Regency was better for water sports.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fabulous! I'm glad to hear positive things about St. Lucia! There's a tropical storm passing through at the moment - hopefully the island does not get too damaged.

We went to Europe in July 2018 and the weather was perfect (except a few days in Paris, when it was actually freezing and Canada was 10 degrees warmer). The winter is cold, but granted, it is warmer than Canada.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That'll be fantastic!! Especially with the cold, cold winters out by you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics