Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick

Honeymoon...

Emily, on June 2, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Honeymoon 0 13

SO for our honeymoon we have decided to wait. we don't have the money for the vacation time left for this year to go right after the wedding so we will be waiting and going in January or febuary.

We are also not going alone. we will be taking a few of the bridesmaids and grooms men with us. We plan on going to the Dominican republic.

anyone else waiting for their honeymoon?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Alexa, on July 11, 2019 at 11:36
  • Alexa
    Newbie August 2019 Nova Scotia
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married the end of August and are doing our honeymoon in December! We wanted to go on a cruise in the Caribbean and needed to wait until hurricane season was over Smiley laugh We are doing a mini-moon in Montreal the weekend following our wedding though just to get away!

• Missa
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing our honeymoon after the wedding but it's going to be local.

We will be spending a night at the Black River Retreat Resort in Tweed On ( (Look it up, its the perfect mini moon destination!) and we rented a cottage in Prince Edward County for the week after that where we will be going to the beach, wineries, etc. We then planned a staycation at home for 5 days!

• Kristy
    Beginner October 2019 Alberta
    Kristy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are also waiting but having a mini moon (possibly kananaskis) right after our wedding this October. We want to go to Europe for three weeks so we will need time to save and our vacation banks will be pretty
    much empty after the wedding. We will go mid September (also to get away from the summer crowds) I’ll get to celebrate my birthday during our trip too Smiley smile
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a two night mini-moon to Whistler right after the wedding and delayed the real honeymoon (an 11 night western carribean cruise) until January as my husband didn't have enough vacation time left either. We also wanted to do the sunny holiday thing in the winter anyway.

• Katherine
    Curious August 2021 Prince Edward Island
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re planning on doing a mini moon and going to Cape Breton to do some hiking and then waiting 6-8 months and hopefully going to Australia(dream destination!!)
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are delaying ours as well. We will be doing Dominican in December and then will be doing a group trip to Ireland in April/May. For Ireland though we will arriving in Dublin a few days before the rest of the group so that we still got a few nights of "honeymoon" feeling to it

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did the opposite we had our honeymoon before the wedding. We had an opportunity to go to Greece and Italy as my husband was already in Greece for work. If not we probably would have waited as well. With the wedding we had enough going on and I was happy we didn't have to rush away on a trip.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not sure as of yet - it will be dependant on my FH's work schedule and if I take a school course during the evenings or by correspondence.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're waiting!

We're getting married in September and won't be leaving the country until February. We got the best weather in Central America last time we went in February and we think it's the best time to escape the long winter haha.

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sort of. We plan to go somewhere after the wedding. Place depends on how much money we have saved up. But it was important to my future husband to get away together after the wedding. The big honeymoon will be in the spring of 2020 to Australia and New Zealand.
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, we did a mini-moon right after the wedding (drove up to Whistler for a three day getaway), then did the real honeymoon (11 day Caribbean cruise) at the end of January when hubby had more vacation time available to him.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We waited; we went on a mini moon right after (stayed local) and are going on a one year anniversary trip. Our one year is next month but we are actually going away in October because that is when work is less busy for both of us
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is super exciting! We are going on our honeymoon a month after we get married. FH is possibly switching jobs in the new year and has schooling that he needs to go to. So for us doing it this year was easier for him!
    What an amazing time you guys will have with members of your wedding party. You have the option to hang out with everyone or have your own time!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics