Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katrina
Curious July 2020 Ontario

Honey moon without breaking the bank? Is it even possible lol

Katrina, on June 14, 2018 at 23:07 Posted in Honeymoon 0 13
We want to spend roughly 5-6000$
Ideally I'd love to go to Sandals or something lux private not family friendly. All inclusive is a must.
Sandals Montego Bay Jamaica or in Jamaica at least.
We only really want to go one week since I'll also take a week off before the wedding to organize and keep mellow (aka to not freaaak out lol)
We also don't get to book off too much time through the year, maybe two weeks tops so I figured one be fore then wedding one after for the honey moon?
Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

13 Comments

Latest activity by Clarissa, on June 15, 2018 at 20:53
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If not picky on where in Jamaica you go and your ok not having it planned to a T before you go I’d suggest waiting and booking last minute (1-2 weeks before you plan on going). You can get great discounts for 1/2 to 1/3 of the full price. It doesn’t always work if your planning during peak season and you can’t guarantee the destination or resort that will have the last minute discounts but you can get a week at a 5 star resort all inclusive for around $500 each some times.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I booked Sandals Ochi Jamaica during their 65% off sale time and I'm gone in Nov for 2 weeks total came to about $12,100 CAD for the 2 weeks. It's a little high but we thought hey once in a life time.

• Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My fiance has been there and we wanted to go somewhere new for both of us. He LOVED it there though said it was amazing
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My fiance has been there and we want to go somewhere we both haven't gone.
    He said it was AMAZING though 😁
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m sure it is. I’d have a Travel Agent help you though, so that you can get some deals (Like off peak season) etc. Good luck!
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everyone's advice is GREAT I'm actually really interested in sandals and all your experience is making it seem more possible 😍
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Grand Bahia Principe in Runaway Bay, Jamaica is amazing!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you want to spend the entire $5000-$6000 in one week, Sandals or any other similar luxury resort is absolutely the way to go. FH and I went to Breathless Cancun back in October and it was unreal compared to the usual all-inclusive resorts we go to.

If you want to split the $5000-$6000 over both weeks of vacation time, I think you'll definitely find some great places, just not necessarily as luxurious. I'd say shop the deals too! My mom just got back from a Rui in Jamaica and she payed approximately $1600. She said it was amazing.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also for your price point Punta Cana would be a great option!!! On the less expensive side for resort getaways but equally as amazing!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Jamaica is amazing! My fiance and I did a trip there 2 years ago while we were dating and I have been DYING to go back Haha!!
    We went to the Bahia Principe Resort! I know you said you don't want family friendly but it does have an Adult only section which is quite far away from the kids side with a middle area that's open for all but doesn't have any kids things there! I know some resorts that are adults only jack up the price for that reason so it might be worth checking out!!
    The Bahia Principe was AMAZING and the food was great!! Highly recommend!! Also they have a cappuccino machine which makes the PERFECT CAPPUCCINO and I think I miss that morning drink the most ahahha!!
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely feel like you won't have trouble finding a great all-inclusive resort with that budget! The most expensive I've seen was around $3,000 per person for 5-7 days.

• E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was playing around with honeymoon ideas and the sandles in Antigua was between 5,000-6,000 (depending on what room you chose) for 5 nights. And I think Jamaica is usually a lot cheaper then islands like Antigua.

You should have have no problem finding somewhere really nice for that price. I would price stuff out and see what you find. I was looking at 5 nights just because we are limited with time too.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend and I went to an all-inclusive in Cuba for $500 each. Jamaica, Dominican Republic are similarly priced from what I've been told. I think with $5000, you should be able to find a nice all-inclusive resort in the caribbean for a week.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics