Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kristen
Newbie October 2022 Ontario

Hiring a wedding decorator vs. Diy?

Kristen, on January 29, 2022 at 14:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 5

So I am getting married this year, October 1, 2022. I have most of my essential vendors picked but I am unsure about what to do for Wedding Decoration Vendors. I was thinking I could likely buy a lot of the decor I want to help save some money as I plan to do something minimalistic overall. But I don't want to be the one managing set up on the morning of my wedding. Is there such thing as hiring someone to just set things up? I'm new to all of this so I don't know what options are out there. Help is appreciated! Smiley heart

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 5, 2022 at 16:20
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would determine the guest count to know if its less than 100, the set can be done yourselves if your wedding party can give a helping hand the day before. The rental concept is great as we did the same for the centerpieces which were picked up the day before by my dad and brought over and set up when arrived. The in laws did help to put the coloured waterbeads and LED lights in them just before the reception started.

Your guest count is over 100, then yes, it would be good to get a wedding coordinator to get the work done as you need and the vendors taken as they have to get their part done too along with the payments.

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I actually opted to hire a decor coordinator. I knew our day didn't entail all that much and don't need someone organizing all that stuff, but I knew I didn't have the manpower to set up and take down my decor.

Our decor item rental costs weren't all that expensive and the bulk of our costs is the actual set up/take down, so it may be worth getting quotes from decor vendors of including items. I really just didn't want to deal with the after math of selling all my decor items as I run an online store selling things and didn't want to ADD to that pile with niche items lol

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on how extensive your setup is. A typical wedding coordinator will have no problem with setting up personal decor items like sign in table, favours, and centerpieces that aren't overly complicated. But they likely won't do anything that requires ladders (ie setting up drapery or string lights across ceilings). And with more complicated centerpieces, they will require one or more assistants since they can't be tied to that kind of setup for a good chunk of the day.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes a day of corrdinator!
    My fiance and I have hired one for that exact reason. We don't want to set everything up ourselves. She will do everything for us for the ceremony and reception as well as dealing with any vendor questions prior to the ceremony. She will also be helping us with timing of walking down the aisle and entering our reception.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, a day of coordinator can do set up as well as tear down. They also will deal with your vendors day of (and sometimes longer) so you can enjoy your day and not worry about any of those details.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics