Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Peggy
Super May 2019 Alberta

Hemmed for heels or flats?

Peggy, on May 9, 2018 at 14:43 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 14

I have my amazing ceremony and picture heels already purchased, and I adore them! They are 3.25" heels.

Hemmed for heels or flats? 1

I'm going to be changing into flats for the reception - I'm just not sure if I should leave my dress as it is (with my heels and crinoline on, it's actually already the perfect length), or hemmed up an inch or so, to the height in my flats!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Lyla, on May 14, 2018 at 05:02
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I originally planned to have my dress hemmed to my heels only to decide a few months later that it’s not do-able. The wedding is already stressful and busy enough, I don’t want sore feet and I’d rather have my dress a little higher for my heels during the ceremony than be stressing about dragging it around all night.. just imagine the dance in flats and your dress dragging :/
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going to get my dress hemmed to my heels (cowboy boots) and then I need to find a sandal with a wedge heel so my dress doesn’t drag too much
  • Krista
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Heels - my feet can suffer for a couple hours to get better photos (i'm real short!) .... but then... switching to wedges!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

...I'm going against the majority and going to say I would have the dressed hemmed up an inch or so to the height of your flats...

My reasoning is that they are gorgeous bright blue heels - if you cover them up then what's the point of wearing them? Let them be seen even if it's only a bit of a peek-a-boo and then later when you change into flats you won't be dragging your dress on the floor/grass/anything beneath your feet.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yep yep I agree too!!! Deff for ceremony/photos!!!
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve also heard that wearing thick socks in them and using a hair dryer on them will help break them in
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too! I NEVER order shoes online because it's such a risk they won't fit/feel right but I had been looking for months, and I found these on Amazon so I took the risk and ordered them because I ADORE them.

I ordered a half size bigger (9) than I normally wear (8.5), so I could fit in gel insoles...and these shoes fit like an 8! BUT! I have shoe stretchers in them right now, and I'm planning to wear them around the office for the next year (not outside, so they don't get dirty!), and they should be okay!

• J
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    JuneBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I completely agree with everyone. Since you are wearing your heels for the photos you should hem your dress with the heels.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks all! I think I may look into a pair of low 1" wedge heels instead of flats for my reception shoes, too...

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely hem it for the heels! For all you know, you might end up keeping your heels on all night.

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with everyone else. And also I love those shoes!!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the girls. If you'll be wearing the heels for photos, hem your dress to that. It's fine if your dress is a little longer in the evening, as the photos will be done by then.

• Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree, hem it to the length of what ever shoes you will have on in pictures. This way you won’t regret how your dress sits in the pictures.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hem your dress for what you'll be wearing in pictures... so probably heels

I'm hemming my dress to be good when I'm in heels, so that it looks proper for the ceremony and pictures. At some point during dancing I'll ditch my heels and the dress will be long, but at that point, who cares!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics