Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Featured August 2022 Ontario

Helpful list of some common regrets from a brides point of view

Kate, on April 19, 2023 at 21:36 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7

Hi all,

I found some of these points online and I thought it would be helpful to share in case you are having any of these concerns, you are not alone Smiley smile , also stuff to be extra mindful of (For me, #2 !!).

1. "I regret that I caved in to peer pressure and bought a princess wedding dress that wasn't really me and that I didn't feel beautiful in."

2. "I wish I would have eaten more. We ended up at Walmart in our wedding clothes buying TV dinners to take to our hotel just so we could eat!"

3. "Not taking engagement pictures beforehand. My husband and I felt we really didn't need them, so we skipped them to save money. But on our wedding day, my husband had a hard time getting comfortable in front of the camera. An engagement shoot might have helped with that."

4. "I wish I had shopped around more. I was so excited that I had to have everything right away, so I didn't carefully weigh other options. For example, I really wanted a long-sleeved dress but settled for sleeveless because I was just excited to find a dress.

5. "I wish my husband and I had taken dance lessons beforehand. We are both awkward, so just walking out onto the floor and trying to dance in front of everyone we know was weird. We couldn't even finish the song."

6. "Inviting certain people just so we didn't offend them, only to have them show us exactly why we didn't want to invite them."

7. "I wear glasses 365 days a year. But I decided to wear contacts the day of our ceremony, and they were itchy and gave me a migraine. I should've just worn my glasses — my husband likes me more with them anyway."

8. "Choosing my maid of honor based on a promise I made with my childhood friend to be maid of honor at each other's wedding."

9. "I wish I had chosen my wedding hairstyle according to the weather — not the cut of the dress, the shape of my face, or anything in any of the articles online. I was married outside on a foggy, cold day, and while I walked out of my bridal suite with beautiful, polished boho waves, I looked like a wet dog 30 minutes later."

10. "I wish we hadn't DIY'd so much. Yeah, we saved money, but it kind of sucked to have to run around cleaning up in my wedding dress after our reception instead of hanging out with my husband."

7 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on April 21, 2023 at 11:34
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for sharing. Definitely things to think about. Smiley heart

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Only regret is not waiting longer to get married only because I got pregnant before and now things are just all over the place and money just got really tight.

I should of shopped around instead of picking the first ring I liked, but I don't hate it.

I am glad I did most of my DIY's to be able to use them in the house after the wedding.

I should have waited until I found the venue to do my flowers as the venue takes care of that.

Not much regret, but ask me after the wedding.

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally get this. I am similar to this as well in knowing what I want/have in mind so it shortened a lot of trips and processes - I did not really sit on anything too long.

• Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for sharing! These points are nice notes to self.
  • Jackie
    Featured September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am incredibly decisive. I chose the first engagement ring I tried on, and the 4th wedding dress. I picked my colours and theme without a second thought. While it has made planning more efficient, sometimes I kind of wish I had really savoured and drawn out some of those moments, shopped around and daydreamed about different looks etc. You only get those moments once.
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Kelly,

Oh I did not experience any of these personally LOL (thank goodness) - just found this list online and I thought it was helpful. I can relate to # 2 though, definitely did not take the time to eat enough.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi there K137,

I'm sorry to hear there were so many pain points at your wedding, I appreciate you opening up about this.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics