Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Curious August 2021 Ontario

Help with Centrepieces

Katherine, on January 11, 2020 at 11:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16
Hi! I was hoping to get some advice on centrepieces. We’re having a small wedding with approx. 50 guests, so 5-6 round tables + our head table. I was wondering if it would look nicer if the centrepieces for the guest tables were all the same, very similar with subtle differences, or maybe 2 different types/styles. We definitely want to avoid tall centrepieces so just varying the height may not work for us.

Oh also, how/where does one start planning/choosing wedding decor?! Am I doing the right thing by starting with centrepieces? We’re still not sure if we’ll be DIY-ing, renting or doing a mix of both. The only things we’ve locked in so far are the venue and photographer/videographer.
Thanks in advance! 😊 I’ve added some pictures of the style we’re leaning towards.
Help with Centrepieces 1Help with Centrepieces 2Help with Centrepieces 3Help with Centrepieces 4

16 Comments

Latest activity by Tracy, on February 4, 2020 at 13:25
  • Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's nice to want to do something different, but it can be stressful the day of making sure it gets done. I'd just do the same thing for every table. Yours can be different by having a wide vase on the table to put your bouquet in.

Height has to be considered you either have to be low enough to look over or tall enough to look under (tall can be tipped over so make sure it's sturdy)

• K
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I LOVE this idea!! Maybe the sweetheart table, parents table and wedding party table could have a little something extra Smiley smile thanks!

• K
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm trying to put together a vision board before jumping on board but it's so hard not to get overly excited! I'll probably end up doing the same centrepieces or very similar

• K
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I haven't thought about HomeSense but they always have gorgeous things there - I should go look! Thanks for the tip Smiley smile

• K
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank God for Pinterest! Smiley smile I like the idea of using different candleholders. Your wedding decor/vibe sounds beautiful!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its up to you. you can totally do two different styles theres no right or wrong here! you can do parents tables a different style to change it up!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As long as the two types are very similar it would be fine - otherwise since there are only going to be 5-6 tables I would either stick with one type or all different.

As for decor and whatnot - I would just say to not make any BIG buys until you know that's the way you want to go. What if you end up liking a bunch of chalkboard signs but your centrepieces have glass? Then the glass/window pane signs would look better!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think as long as there is some commonality between them you can have a little variety.
    We picked up 3 small premade vases at HomeSense last night that have white roses and eucalyptus. For the other tables I'll make sure there are some roses and eucalyptus and maybe add a few other white flowers to the ones we bought to tie them all together.
    Your examples are really similar to what we're planning on doing!
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing flowers as well btw but they will all be the same per table including the vases
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For decor start looking on Pinterest. I found it was helpful to choose my venue first. There was a lot of brown /wood so I thought greenery and white flowers and gold accents would go great with brown, and it’s a summer wedding so I got lots of inspiration from Pinterest using those colours. You can even look up “wedding colours” on Pinterest and will get tons of general ideas. See what style and colours you are leaning toward from there.

As for centrepieces, most weddings I’ve been to had the same centrepieces at each table. Ours will be too. But because our theme is slightly bohemian/vintage, im using different candleholders at each table. There will be 3 small tea light candles per table but the candle holders will all be glass and slightly different to go with the mismatch -boho vibe
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you and if your interested in getting the vendor information, pm to get the contact located in Mississauga.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will be making all of mine the same. I did have second thoughts after I bought all my vases. Once I picked them I had to make .myself stop looking at centerpieces. I still love the ones I picked out.
  • K
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’ll probably end up doing both renting and DIY! Your centrepieces look really nice! I love their simplicity yet very elegant!
  • K
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! That’s what we were planning on doing but first I wanted to figure out if we want all of our centrepieces to be identical or not Smiley smile
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Rayanne has good points to get your centerpieces at a better price from marketplace, FB, kijiji and other sites.

DIY projects are great to put together with your wedding party to have them part of the fun.

Renting is another way of looking to have centerpieces which are less expensive and not storing after the wedding.

The route of my choice was renting for 9 tables and very simple to start with and look elegant. The one thing that made it nice was putting coloured waterpearls with immersable LED lights to bright up the evening when dark. Artificial white floral ball made the final touch perfect and to the modern style.

An idea of what may be nice for guests to see around this concept.

Help with Centrepieces 5

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check marketplace and kijiji there are lots of these style vases on the wedding section of them. You can get them super cheap from brides trying to get rid of theirs. You may also get other ideas of things you want already DIY by other brides. You can also see about renting some. If you go to a local wedding show you can ask about their pricing for the day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics