Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taylor
Frequent user June 2018 Ontario

Help! Wedding ceremony location

Taylor, on November 29, 2017 at 13:40 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 6

We can't decide whether to go with the local church for our ceremony or do it at the reception hall!

We don't necessarily like the minister at the church so that is why we are considering the hall

If we were to get married at the hall, can we have people seated at their table? Should we arrange to get married outside the hall in the field? should we set up inside the hall for ceremony and rearrange for the dinner?

Any comments/advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated! Getting married June 2, 2018

6 Comments

Latest activity by Vanessa, on December 6, 2017 at 18:29
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding before where they were married in the same room as their reception all that they did was the people whose backs would be turned was turn their chairs around so they were facing forwards. Then when the bride and groom left for their photos they served light snacks. It turned out great. We're not getting married in a church. We are still debating on having the ceremony and reception at the same place as we both have parents with large acreage that means so much to the both of us.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally agree with you! Definitely depends on the relationship and the toleration level.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If getting married at your church means so much to you that you can ignore not particularly liking the minister then I would say go for it. If the minister really puts you off then I would say do everything at the hall and hire an officiant.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I guess it depends! If you're trying to budget, doing it at the hall may be cheaper but then you need to look at the officiants cost. If you are saying it because you truly are not a fan of the minister and his style then I would say look at a different option. Definitely tough though if you grew up in that church or have sentimental ties to it.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You might be able to use the church without using the minister; would be something to look into.

I have known people who have done the ceremony in the reception hall and everyone sat around the tables (chairs facing backwards were turned around).

Some venues also offer the option to change the set up, as was already mentioned.

If you like the look of the field, that is an option also. For me, I didn't want people to see the reception space before the reception, so we found a venue that had a separate ceremony space.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married at our hall, they close the doors to the ballroom after the ceremony for an hour to flip the room for the reception. We are having cocktail hour during that time! its perfect for the guests because they don't have to go anywhere between ceremony and reception!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics