Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Breanne
Frequent user September 2019 Alberta

Help!!! Opinions on Pre-wedding Honeymoon

Breanne, on January 1, 2018 at 22:26 Posted in Honeymoon 0 9
Good Evening Everyone!!!

I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday season and that 2018 is treating you well!

Me and my FH are getting married on September 21st, 2019. We were planning on going on our honeymoon shortly after this (November/December) but we have started to consider going on our honeymoon September/November of 2018. The reason for this is that I’m planning on going back to school this fall or next fall to get my Master’s degree and my fiancé is planning on making a career change as well. If one or both of these things were to happen, we would definitely not be able to go on our honeymoon after our wedding.

Im just wondering if anyone has done something like this? Also! Honeymoon destination recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you!!!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 3, 2018 at 10:11
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    For 7-10 days I would suggest somewhere in the Caribbean. Lots of great all inclusive deals at great prices and those aren't super busy times of year either.

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much Megan! 😊 That’s exactly what I was thinking! Just needed to hear it from someone else!
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow! Thanks for that Stephanie! 😊 I guess that’s what I’m a bit worried about is not being able to go on a honeymoon at all! I’m pretty sure our schedule would allow us to spend a couple full days together after the wedding, so we are definitely leaning towards going on a pre-wedding honeymoon to somewhere tropical!
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the input Erin! 😊

We envision our honeymoon as a time to relax, have some fun, and just enjoy each other’s company. I’ve been fortunate enough to travel a fair bit, but my FH has never been out of the country. Ideally, we would be going for 7-10 days.
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds like an amazing trip Samm! I hope you have the best time! 😊 Thank you so much for your input!
  • Samantha
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I are doing a pre wedding honeymoon in February to New York City!! We don’t have time after our wedding to go, so we figured we might as well go enjoy the snow in Central Park! I feel like lots of people do stuff before hand, kind of to get away from stress or whatever. You can do it whenever you want! If you feel like it’ll just be too tight with school in the fall, you might as well go before Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you can honeymoon whenever you'd like. Maybe do a small one before the wedding and then do a bigger one on your one year anniversary.

As for recommendations, what did you want to do on your honeymoon and how long are you going for?

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Going before would be a nice break from wedding planning. It would be too bad if you don't take one at all, so before would be better than not at all. I had a professor who took her honeymoon before they were married. And, this was 40 years ago when it was more unheard of! It worked for them though--they enjoyed the time off from planning and questions and advice. And, they spent the two nights after their wedding away from home so they were able to have some alone time after the wedding as well.

As for destinations, check with a travel agent. It actually doesn't cost you extra to use one and they can often find deals that you can't find on the internet!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do it! Travel is extremely hard to work around a schedule with university and if your FH does make a career change then you may have lots of unknown to content with. Its a little nontraditional but i think if the timing works out to go early then you should definitely take that opportunity. It would be so sad if you didnt do it when you had the chance and then things didnt line up and you werent able to take a honeymoon at all!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics