Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lisa
Newbie September 2018 Ontario

help - make Up!

Lisa, on September 10, 2018 at 14:25 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

My makeup artist just sprung on me her timeline per person... She wants an hour per bridesmaid and 1hour 15 for the bride... is this normal?

Are there any make up artists available Sept 15th in Hamilton!!

- - Panicked Bride

11 Comments

Latest activity by Renee, on September 14, 2018 at 23:25
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Totally normal. I believe my girls are 45 mins and 60 mins for my self. I have 10 girls so 2 artists and 2 hairdressers. We are starting at 6am and should everything go smooth should be done by 12pm. I would prefer the longer time as she won't rush. You'll just have to start early, so get lots of sleep night before!
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is normal, might be less time for the bride dependent if you do a trial before hand. My hair and make up is about the same amount of time.

• Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How much is she charging per bridesmaid and for you? Just curious for myself.
  • T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Totally normal. It gives her enough time to do everyone and then do touch ups if needed. For my wedding the artist started about 730am for my wedding and we were done at 2pm for a 3pm ceremony.
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is this just for makeup? I would say 30-45 mins seems more reasonable for just makeup. It should be bout 1 hr to 1 hr 15 min for both. If you are worried everyone won't be done in time as you r makeup artist if she can bring someone else with her? She is more likely to know others in the industry.

• Melissa
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds about right. Remember that you’ll be wearing it the entire day so you want it to stay put.
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that’s a practical time frame. If they’re coming to you or will be in the same location they can each be working on a different girl at the same time. If you have to travel to them in different places then get a schedule of when each is going into hair and makeup (start half in hot and half in makeup and you move the other when your done).

If your our worried about short on time talk with them to work out these details. 6.5 hrs for 7 people really doesn’t seem that out of line.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My hair and makeup team was able to do bridesmaid hair in 30 minute and bridesmaid makeup in 30 minutes - but they definitely needed more time on some people and less on others! For me (the bride) they blocked 1 hour for makeup and an hour and a half to curl my hair!

We spent 5 hours just getting glammed!! It takes a long time but that's just the norm. It means you'll get started early and you should definitely pre-plan food for you and your bridesmaids to eat while getting ready!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most artists I talked to wanted 45 minutes for the bridesmaids and 60 minutes for the bride. That being said, hearing 60 and 75 minutes wouldn't strike me as outrageous. She's probably building in a buffer.

• Lisa
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have 6.5 hours for 7 women for makeup.. including the bride. Hair will be a different person

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It sounds pretty standard. Unless they're familiar with all the girls. My MUA and hair stylist each want about an hour per person as a rough timeline. They usually want to plan for more time than they think they need especially on the wedding day because if you start to run behind it can be hard to get caught up.

Try not to panic. But what about that timeline has you panicked? How much time and for how many girls did you have booked in?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics