Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Raposo-Teixeira
Curious July 2020 Alberta

Help! i need advice on which dress to wear for mountain engagement

Raposo-Teixeira, on August 2, 2018 at 10:22 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 19
Hey ladies. I need your advice. I can't decide which dress to wear for our mountain engagement photos at Morraine Lake in Alberta. We are doing some photos in our nicely dressed and then I already have my casual outfit picked.

I included a picture of what the view looks like to help.

19 Comments

Latest activity by Raposo-Teixeira, on September 22, 2018 at 02:35
  • Raposo-Teixeira
    Raposo-Teixeira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just wanted to thank all you lovely ladies for your advice. We received all of pur photos yesterday and we are so in love with them. My best advice to anyone taking engagement photos is enjoy the moment because it truly is magical.

Help! i need advice on which dress to wear for mountain engagement 1

Help! i need advice on which dress to wear for mountain engagement 2
  • Raposo-Teixeira
    Raposo-Teixeira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree. I'll definitely be doing a more wavy curl for sure with subtle makeup. Great tips thank you
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're welcome, Cecilia! If you're worried, a simple hairstyle and/or makeup might help dress it down slightly. (For example, I'd avoid tight curls if its not your natural hairstyle as I could see it making the dress look more bridesmaid-like rather than straight hair or wavy hair since the former gives off a more "done up" appearance).

• Raposo-Teixeira
    Raposo-Teixeira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's awesome advice. Since our anniversary is before pur engagement photo shoot it would be great to wear the dress first before hand. I'm so glad you suggested that. Excellent point.

Another great point with the jewellery. We gotta show pur beautiful engagement rings after all right ladies. 💞💍 we don't want anything else out shinning that. 😄
  • Raposo-Teixeira
    Raposo-Teixeira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Kaisha. You're very kind
  • Raposo-Teixeira
    Raposo-Teixeira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much Rachael. I just hope it doesn't look to bridesmaid like or overly fancy. I find it hard to find nice clothes in Canada...sigh
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the dress, and the location even more! Go for it, you will look incredible!

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that dress is gorgeous! It would look amazing in that location.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally understand that! I didn’t LOVE my engagement photos I wish I would have worn something more comfortable and flattering. So as long as your comfortable and feeling confident in it you’ll be set!
  • Raposo-Teixeira
    Raposo-Teixeira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awe thank u I'm super nervous. Just want them to look good
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love this location! This dress is going to be perfect!
  • Raposo-Teixeira
    Raposo-Teixeira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was having the same worry but its not too over the top so I hope it fits and is exactly that color.
  • Audrey
    Curious August 2019 New Brunswick
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the dress and the location! Pictures gonna be Perfect!
    I am also thinking about wearing a fancy dress for my engagement pictures. I was scared it would be too much but I think I Will go for it
  • Raposo-Teixeira
    Raposo-Teixeira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks so much ladies. We are really excited about our location.

I think this dress will be great choice. Hopefully it for a properly once it arrives.
  • S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Moraine Lake is sooooo gorgeous!!! Great choice!!!

• Dyanne
    Newbie July 2019 Alberta
    Dyanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that dress is gorgeous! I think it will be a great color pop against the stunning background of Morraine Lake. It is a classy location so I think that dress is dressy enough, but can also be causal too, depending on your poses and accessories as well.

• Raposo-Teixeira
    Raposo-Teixeira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks so much for your advice and help. It's hard. You just wanna look and feel Great and not look back and go oh dear that's what we wore. This is the link to the dress I'm thinking. I love lace and feel it's super me. Is it too fancy or just dressy enough. Is the color Ok?

And thank you for adding the Morraine Lake photos. That really helps.

https://savedbythedress.com/products/blush-v-neck-maxi-dress-with-mesh-embroidered-sleeves?variant=1792008552458
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's okay! I googled your location, haha. Plus my cousin got engaged there so I remember what it looks like. I'll add some pics so others can see:

Moraine LakeHelp! i need advice on which dress to wear for mountain engagement 3Moraine LakeHelp! i need advice on which dress to wear for mountain engagement 4

Check out my colours we used. My West Coast Engagement Photos. We had 2 outfits as well, casual and dressy. Don't go toooo dressy, it's still a mountain shot! My photographer made a point of mentioning how coordinated our colours were. Both together and with the scenery.

Pops of bright blue/purple are great for nature shots. Try to avoid green/brown, it'll blend. Only have one of you in a print at a time (He had plaid in casual, I had floral in fancy). Keep it simple, no big jewelry/accessories.

Also don't wear something brand new for the first time. I bought the romper new, but I wore it once the week before so I'd get used to it/break it in. Haha.

It's going to be beautiful!!! Please share some photos when you get them!

• Raposo-Teixeira
    Raposo-Teixeira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I guess I can't attach photos nevermind 😭

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics