Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Beginner July 2019 British Columbia

Help!! i can't decide what colors our groomsmen should wear!

Courtney, on July 16, 2018 at 18:23 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 20

Sorry this is a bit lengthy.

We are having a complete outdoor ceremony and reception in July of next year. The wedding will take place at a golf course on the lake, in the gardens. Aka lots of green!

The theme is a vintage/ 1950s throwback, and my wedding dress is a tea length 50s dress as are the bridesmaids. The picture below is our exact bridesmaid dresses and my wedding dress is very similar. (I found the picture after we ordered everything, go figure). We know for sure that the groomsmen will have burgundy bow ties and the groom will have the bow tie featured below. But that's as far as we've come.

The guys want to wear something cool and slightly more casual. Something along the lines of slacks, shirts, bow ties and suspenders for the groomsmen. The groom wants slacks, shirt bow tie and a vest.

Here's where it becomes a challenge, without having everything so matchy matchy we want to vomit. What color of shirts/pants/suspenders/vest should they wear to match the pink/burgundy theme.

bridesmaid dresses Help!! i can't decide what colors our groomsmen should wear! 1grooms bowtie Help!! i can't decide what colors our groomsmen should wear! 2

20 Comments

Latest activity by Julia, on July 28, 2018 at 06:14
  • Julia
    Frequent user June 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I definitely agree. they grey, especially this style would look great with those dresses/ style

• Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd probably go with grey pants/suits, white/ivory shirts. I wouldn't match the shirts with the dresses or anything like that, since they already have a great coloured tie.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am obsessed with the last 2 pictures, either would look amazing!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think this would look great!

• Courtney
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We just found some grey pants that have burgundy pinstriping..... I think they would look really good with a cream /ivory shirt so we might have a winner!!

• Jane
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Jane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would suggest grey pants and maybe an ivory shirt. I also think the burgundy pants would be slick as heck! We are doing a similar theme/ vibe as well, our guys are wearing grey pants and vest and a seafoam shirt. Those would also work well with the bowtie and not be too close to the greenery background
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are totally what I was envisioning. You could do the burgundy suspenders and bow tie and a different neutral colour pant and the socks could add in the pink to tie it in with the girls. I think that would look really nice!

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I can see that now.. I think the navy would be an awesome color for the groomsmen though!
  • Courtney
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have the burgundy pants one pinned! I actually love that, but I was worried it would be too much?
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love these!

Help!! i can't decide what colors our groomsmen should wear! 3

Help!! i can't decide what colors our groomsmen should wear! 4

Help!! i can't decide what colors our groomsmen should wear! 5
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yep this is exactly the picture is as about to post Haha! Great minds 😂
  • Courtney
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This was one of our original photos for the guys! We should revisit this! Haha I love this look
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The vision of mint green shirts with white suspenders and roses bow tie flow well woth the BMs dresses. The groom with his white shirt, bow tie and red vest to stand out.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Go with the grey then for sure! It'll go better with a grey tweed anyways... which I think compliments the burgundy...

Oooh pleeeease share photos of your bridal party when you have them!!! I love the 50s styling.

Help!! i can't decide what colors our groomsmen should wear! 6

• Courtney
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My FH is in LOVE with tweed! I'm just not sure I'm set on the brown pants :?

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LOOOOVE the girls look!!! And the matching bowtie for your groom is fantastic...

My first thought went to light grey, but then I saw all these photos. Ignore the vests for the groomsmen, you could just do burgundy suspenders... and then maybe a grey or tweed looking vest for your groom!

Help!! i can't decide what colors our groomsmen should wear! 7
    Help!! i can't decide what colors our groomsmen should wear! 8
    Help!! i can't decide what colors our groomsmen should wear! 9

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thinking about it I’d say a white shirt and honestly grey slacks and vest, brown dress shoes, and try and do the suspenders in a burgundy to match the bow ties.

• Courtney
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was definitely thinking cream, because it's gonna be HOT. But what's really throwing me off is the color for the pants. My FH really likes the idea of slacks and a different color vest.

I just can't wrap my head around what will match, and I can't seem to find anything similar on pinterest even!

I was looking at some pics of burgundy pants with cream shirts, but blue and grey also go really well!

• S
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg. Who cares what they’re wearing. You guys will look incredible! I love those dresses.

They will want to be a bit bit cooler because it is in the summer. Beige or a sandy colour might look good
  • Phaidra
    Frequent user October 2019 Alberta
    Phaidra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd go with a light cotton shirt, something maybe cream or like a light mint. Your bmaids dresses look GORGEOUS. I hope you show pictures of everyone!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics