Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Eryn
Curious September 2022 Ontario

Help! Hairstyle ideas for a plus-size bride???

Eryn, on March 24, 2022 at 14:13 Posted in Beauty 0 10

So I'm getting around to the nitty gritty of what I want to look like for the big day and absolutely cannot decide what to do with my hair that won't make me look/feel bigger than what I am. For reference on style, my wedding is taking place at the Old Mill Toronto and this is the dress! Both are a very classic elegant feel which is 1000% up my alley and with the dress being an off-the-shoulder, it's definitely open for all kinds of hairstyles. I just don't know with a wider face and with a wedding dress size 20-22, I'm worried about seeming too heavyset as weight has always been a big combatant with my self esteem.

Thoughts and ideas of hairstyle that might suit me and the dress at the same time to help me out?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kienan, on May 30, 2022 at 15:48
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As a plus size girl and ex hairdresser I would go half up and half down, this way you are not hiding behind your hair and you're not hiding your dress with your hair fully down, you get a balance this way.

Whatever you choose you will be a gorgeous bride. Also this is something you and your Stylist can come up with a look together at the trial.

• V
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Fellow plus size bride here (size 22) ✋🏻 That dress is absolutely STUNNING I think you’re going to look gorgeous. I am also having a similar debate right now with myself… part of me would like it mostly down to cover my arms (this is an insecurity of mine) but I’ve been contemplating these looks and you might like them as well! Either way I’m sure you’ll be a bombshell- enjoy every minute!

Help! Hairstyle ideas for a plus-size bride??? 1
    Help! Hairstyle ideas for a plus-size bride??? 2

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think having your hair down would look beautiful with your dress! Smiley heart

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Worth it. You don't want to do your trial too early anyway (my first fitting was only 6 weeks out and that's when my trials were) - stylists do forget how they did it and your hair type (even with pictures). I ended up with two trials as we had to postpone the wedding (and only by 3 months). Having my hair and makeup done for a fitting was the right move though for sure!
  • Eryn
    Eryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah! I didn't even think about the possibility of lining it up with a dress fitting! Then it's all about seeing it in action! That would definitely have to wait until May/June when I get my dress in for my first fitting to do that!

• C
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm picturing Hollywood glam right now!
  • C
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Beautiful dress!!! I don't think having your hair down will take away from the neckline at all. I actually think down will look best and fantastic - looks like you have beautiful hair. You could do half up too. Have a hair trial for sure and try to line it up with a dress fitting.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maybe try a low bun with some pieces at the front that frames your face? This way, you still have something that frames your face while keeping most of the hair in the back, showing off that neck line.

• Eryn
    Eryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Probably would have been an important point to make! Haha. My hair down right now is pretty darn close to what I have in my profile picture now that I'm looking at it if not slightly longer. I'm not too fussy with my hair so trimming/chopping isn't a major problem to me. It's a little tricky with the neckline! It's gorgeous and I wouldn't want to completely over it (not that I have the hair length to do so without some extensions or the like lol).

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keeping your hair down, especially when it frames your head, will elongate your face but at the same time, I don't know if you want to cover the neckline of that dress, which is a major feature. How long is your hair when it's down?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics