Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sonja
VIP September 2017 Ontario

Help! gift suggestions needed.

Sonja, on August 11, 2017 at 15:22 Posted in Before the wedding 0 25

I'm beside myself when it comes to buying a gift for my 51 year old matron of honour who has everything. Any suggestions would be welcome.

25 Comments

Latest activity by Sonja, on August 16, 2017 at 12:00
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks, Bethany. I appreciate your input.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love both of these!!! Are u doing both? I think it's perfect. Colouring is like meditating, and journaling helps organize thoughts and ideas, which I think she has a lot of! I love it.
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Bethany,

So what do you think about this idea; about a year ago I mentioned to my MOH that I had bought an adult colouring book. She responded that it was a great idea and she used to love colouring. I found a book with island scenes including pencil crayons and sharpener. I also remembered that she used to write in a journal so I though of getting her one of those with a nice pen. They are glamourous gifts at all. Any thoughts?

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks, Erin, for the suggestion. It sounds nice but I really don't want to spend $40 on a handkerchief. Keep sending those ideas, though!

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got my mom and my mother in law an embroidered handkerchief on Etsy, they were around $40 each with shipping. I had personal messages written on them with the wedding date, and it is something simple they can use on the wedding day (for any happy tears lol) and can keep after as a beautiful keepsake. Would this be something you would like to give her and she would like to receive?

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'll let you know. I'm going to have a look online to see what books I can find. The bookmark is a great idea too. Thanks again.

• B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I want to know what you'll decide on! I thought the book was the best idea too Hahah maybe a memoir of someone who lives similarly to the words "Pretty, Plus, and Proud" or a mystery novel to take her out of her mind completely... with a pretty bookmark with something inspiring written on it!
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You've given me a lot of suggestions and I thank you. Yes, she does spend a lot of time at home. Often she's too tired to go out but she does try to get out and see friends. I like your idea of a book. I'll think on these ideas and hope I come up with something soon. Thanks again.

• B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hear ya! You need help not extra tasks Haha
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's nice. I like that she takes care of herself, pampers herself, and has found a passion even tho she is limited. My friends mom has MS and she had felt debilitated and depressed at times. So I love that your friend has found solace within her condition. Does she spend a lot of time in her house because of it? I know she blogs but does she read? Would she like a book? A novel or a self help book? A new pink key board to support her blogging? An art piece or decor for her home, as she loves style and glamour???
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bethany, I don't think I have time to make her anything. I'm so busy trying to get ready for the wedding.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Extra apple butter. That's the answer! My friend is 51, very trendy, loves getting her hair and nails done, loves shopping. She has MS so mobility is an issue for her. She writes a blog called "Pretty, Plus, and Proud". Does that help any?

• B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahah oh my gosh! Maybe you'll have to give her some extra apple butter lol what's her style? Could u make her something? That would be nothing she already has.
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very nice, Bethany. She doesn't drink so the champagne would be wasted. She has so much jewelry she could open a store. This is what I meant when I said I'm in a dilemma!

• B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought my ladies a bracelet to wear the day of. Presented it in a champagne glass with a small bottle of champagne beside it. For my maid of honour, I added a pair of earrings
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for the suggestion, Carol. She doesn't have a Pandora bracelet unfortunately.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Chloe, that's a nice idea but it won't work for me. She doesn't go in the bath, only showers, and she doesn't drink tea. Do you see my problem?

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think for my bridesmaids I'm going to put together boxes for them with things like bath bombs and tea. I figure people would enjoy that kind of thing no matter their age!
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If she has a Pandora bracelet already, a bead charm to add to her bracket may be a good option. They have a few for weddings. It wouls be a nice memory that she can wear on something she probably already owns.
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Kayla,

Thanks for the suggestion but she has so much jewelry already. Any other ideas?

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Daphne, she has a LOT of jewelry so I'm not leaning towards that. The spa might be nice but she'll want me to go with her and that's twice the price.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That might be an idea, Erin. I'll have to look into the cost.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Gift certificate to the spa.
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How about something small, like a bracelet to wear day of the wedding, and a gift certificate to a spa for after the wedding for her to relax after all the MoH duties she's done.
  • Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about a little bracelet or necklace with something special engraved on it?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics