Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carly
Newbie July 2018 British Columbia

Help : food truck?

Carly, on July 18, 2017 at 22:50 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Looking at the possibility of using 2 food trucks to feed 120 people dinner at my wedding. Looking for others experience with food truck weddings? Ups n downs? How to schedule your wedding day? Better to let people go up and order or have it brought in and then buffet style? Or possibly servers take orders?
My venue is in doors however there is a spot outside the enterance we could set up food trucks.
Looking at hiring Tacofino + 1 other.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Natalie, on July 19, 2017 at 18:20
  • Natalie
    Curious June 2017 Quebec
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First off I think food trucks are an awesome idea! 120 people seems like a lot for 2 trucks depending on the type of food and options they offer. I know if I were a guest I would be a little annoyed if I was waiting in line a long time for my food. Hungry guest = unhappy guest. And more waiting means less time for partying lol! Maybe if they can cater it buffet style, people can at least see what they'll be eating and things would run more smoothly
  • Carly
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the additional info. Smiley smile
  • Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are having 60 people- and likely just one truck (we havnt booked this yet) we have a package deal with our venue where they are doing a lot of the setup and organizing so we will likely have this after the introduction of the bride and groom and the first dance Smiley smile we are still over a year out so we will narrow down all the fine details like that in the next while.

• Carly
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wondering how many people you have? How many trucks will you have? And if you have an idea of your wedding day schedule/timeline will look like. When do you put intros and speeches in?
    Thank you!
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have no helpful advice but I think it is an awesome idea. You might want to talk to the food trucks and see if they have done weddings before and what they recommend. Smiley heart

• Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking a food truck for mine too and its fairly reasonable as far as pricing goes. i think we will set it up outside our reception and people can line up and enjoy Smiley smile our reception is at a ranch so food would be up to us anyways and this idea is fun and makes sense Smiley smile

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree they should be able to order because that's the fun of a food truck but they might have a more limited menu or something. I'm sure if they've done events like this before, they would know how to handle it.

I think it's such a fun idea!

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Carly,

Here are a few posts that might help you :
    Would you have a food truck at your reception?

looking for food truck

Don't hesitate to contact the brides and ask them questions Smiley smile

What do you think ?

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can't help but I can support as I think this is the coolest idea ever! I didn't know ppl brought in food trucks for weddings but I LOVE the idea. I LOVE food trucks. Let us know how it goes.. I hope u do it!
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that if you go out of the way to get food trucks that you should have everyone go up and order from them. Otherwise, you might as well get a caterer, since no one would know the difference otherwise.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics