Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie June 2019 Cornwall

Help! Are you doing wedding favours??

Kullboys, on October 5, 2018 at 00:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7

Hello everyone

I’m totally on the fence about wedding favours. I can’t even begin to think of any ideas, nor is there anything that has caught my attention.

Thanks .

7 Comments

Latest activity by BunnyBride, on October 13, 2018 at 07:51
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I are doing favors. I agree with a lot of the previous posters here: Edible ones are generally the most popular. Our two families have all sorts of allergies so we've been trying to get creative, but, if that's not an issue for you, might be a good avenue to explore.

Fudge, maybe? If you get a good baker, they can do all kind of fun flavors!

We've been playing around with a weird favor-adjacent idea. Where we might not be doing a dance as the entertainment, we are thinking of taking the favors and entertainment budgets and combining them to buy a bunch of board games. The board games could be opened and played that night and taken home as a favor.

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're Carribean (Jamaican to be exact) and it's pretty much traditional to do black cake (rum cake) as a favor. So I definitely agree with another poster that if you want to do a favor, and edible one is best as it most likely won't go to waste. Just be mideful of allergies like nuts. I got the cutest boxes from creative bag in our wedding colours and will put one at each place setting
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were going to but then decided most of the time they go to waste so will be doing a donation in lieu of favours. Well just put a little note on each table or something about it.
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning to get flower seed in little envelopes. Our wedding is around the time our daughter would have been turning 1 as I had a miscarriage. So we are getting married to celebrate her and will be having forget me not flower seed and also wild flower seed. Another reason we have chosen flower seed is that it will also help the bees. If people don’t want to plant them then they can give it away.
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did not do wedding favours. I’ve been to a lot of weddings, and we have often left the favours on the table - the only ones we kept were the ones that were edible!
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing favours as well. We have little red and gold boxes that will have Squish candies packaged in each. Will cost us about $350 for 200 favours. I think edible favours are more popular amongst wedding guests vs little trinkets. If you decide not to have favours, that’s totally fine as well! Up to you.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most definitely I am doing wedding favours. We are doing candy covered chocolates in a box. I find edibles are popular. Cookies, chocolates, candies etc. Someone on here did mini bottles of infused olive oil (gorgeous!) also small bottles of homemade wine! but even things like bottle openers are great. Everyone has different opinions on favours and if they are a waste. But I think there’s a lot of inexpensive ideas that are a small token of thanks to your guests. I don’t think it’s the end of the world if your don’t do them though. Lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics