Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Angela
Newbie August 2019 Ontario

Help

Angela, on July 24, 2017 at 13:54 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
How many people should you invite to your wedding myself and my man have a huge number for family and freinds

6 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on July 25, 2017 at 13:02
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have big family so we invited up to cousins and their kids and a very few friends and were around 130. I just talked to someone who went to a Punjabi wedding over the weekend and there were around 800 people! Obviously your wedding can be whatever size you want it to be. Required attendance for you and your FH and after that invite who you want to be there! Smiley smile

• Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are keeping it close friends and family. it depends how many people you venue will hold comfortably with head , catering , guest and cake tables. We would like to keep it below 130 for dinner and invite our soccer team and other friends for dance portion only. All together should be max 160 at our wedding.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just invited immediate family and close friends bringing our total to 32. What is your budget? You can invite everyone if you like and simplify the reception to just a light lunch and wedding cake. If you delete alcohol, you can save a ton.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd figure out what you can afford and how many people you want and either adjust the wedding details to fit your budget or edit your guest list. We didn't invite kids in general because of this. That saves us like 50 people by itself. Although we did include his nephews and his first cousin whose 8 because all first cousins are invited.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It all depends on what you want and your budget. If we had all the money in the world I would invite my mom's side of the family and my dad's side of the family (like cousins, uncles, aunts) but if I did it would be wayyyy to expensive. It would be almost 70 people for my dad's side alone. Also we have always wanted a small intimate wedding so that wouldn't work. We are only having parents, our closest friends and siblings which brings us to 40 people. I spoke to my extended family and they all completely understood and are not offended that they are not invited. I would say discuss your budget and what kind of wedding you want big/small and go from there!
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That really all depends on how big you want it. My fiance and I are keeping it to aunts uncles and first cousins with our absolute closest friends. We have 88 people.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics