Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayla
Newbie September 2017 Ontario

Help!

Kayla, on July 6, 2017 at 23:56 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 17
Ladies.
I am the most non traditional woman out there and I have bought this dress to wear to my wedding. Is this okay? I got the traditional gown first and realized it was not me at all and now I have bought this one. And I continue to second guess myself. At first I was too traidional but now I'm afraid I have gone to far the other way. Thank you for your impu.

Help! - 1

17 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 5, 2018 at 22:52
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You have chosen a beautiful dress and stick with your choice. Never second guess your decisions.
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its gorgeous, I think you should go with your gut feeling!

• Jessica
    Frequent user June 2018 Saskatchewan
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its a gorgeous dress! Dont second guess anything. The wedding is only as traditional as you make it. Its your big day! You shohld have it how you want it. That dress is top notch! I love it and you should too.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's lovely. How do you feel in it? I didn't get a formal gown but rather a 3/4 length lace dress where the hems dips lower on the left side. I feel comfortable in it and it's not over the top.

• K
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful! I think if you love it, and you feel its more you than whatever you had bought before, you should wear it! You want to look back on your wedding and feel so happy about the choices you made and you want to feel comfortable and yourself!

• K
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Kathryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's gorgeous! Wear what makes you feel like your favourite version of yourself on your big day :-)
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love it! It's going to look great.
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is gorgeous. I think it is traditional while also being unique. I've seen someone wear a red dress to their wedding. And there's posts of camo dresses here. Your dress is more traditional than you think! But don't get rid of this one too.. it's very unique and shows personality.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's a beautiful dress and if you love and feel amazing and special in it then go for it! Smiley laugh Smiley star

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I completely agree with what's been said so far. This dress is gorgeous and I love it! You do you! I am like you hehe Smiley smile
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a beautiful dress and very bridal
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This dress is still quite bridal and lovely! If this feels more you that a traditional wedding dress you should definitely wear it! Honestly if you and your FH want to get married barefoot in white tshirts and denim overalls you should rock it! It is your wedding do what feels like you and not what the magazines tell you that you should do!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love this dress! I think if you are a non traditional girl, then you should wear a dress that represents your personality and it should be a dress that makes you happy! I think this dress is still bridal

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the dress! I do not think it is too non-traditional at all. If it is what you want then go for it Smiley smile
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it's very pretty and bridal. Go for it! The most important thing is that you are comfortable!
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kayla! I love the dress a lot! But the most important thing is that you feel good in it. It's your special day! Smiley heart

• K
    Curious July 2020 Ontario
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I get how you feel! I feel like I'd also feel most comfortable in something less traditional and instead wear something that reflects my values and who I am. I think your dress is gorgeous. If you feel it's too much, I would think you could 'bride it up' with accessories like a veil or big bouquet with some white flowers. I think it already looks beautiful and weddingy though. I'd stick with your gut and wear what makes you feel happiest.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics