Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Madison
Newbie August 2024 Alberta

Help!

Madison, on October 4, 2022 at 16:28 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
Hey! I’m from Alberta (more specifically Edmonton) and I’m looking for some friends that I can rant to about how stressful this whole wedding planning is 😂🤦‍♀️ Let’s get to know each other! How long have you been planning a wedding? How long have you been engaged for? little-girl-cute.gif

11 Comments

Latest activity by Derek, on December 7, 2022 at 20:52
  • D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were married in Sherwood Park this September, and it was the perfect time of year to do it! The autumn leaves gave us so much more color when it came to our wedding photos. And there wasn't the pressure of trying to find a date for a summer wedding as well, which allowed for more guests (mostly from my work) to come. It also gave us great photo opportunities with our vehicles (her Mustang/my motorcycle). You will have an awesome September wedding!
  • Lisa
    Curious June 2023 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Edmonton bride here, getting married June 2023. Let's be friends!!! Smiley heart

We got engaged over Christmas 2020, it's really a funny story.

I definitely thought we would be one of those "forever engaged, never married" couples, so I didn't immediately jump into planning. But the following May, he asked me I was going to start planning and I was like "Oh, you were serious about the whole marriage thing??" and then I was out of the gate like a top tier racehorse!

• Belle
    Curious July 2023 Alberta
    Belle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Calgary!! we Planned for a year then covid... we had a small 7 online wedding and kept pushing back the party until safe to have people travel. I feel like I've been planning since Fred Flintstone was a baby, and with date changes, location changes, bridal party changes, everything feels like it's changed lol. We're doing our wedding party next summer with our families and a "mock wedding I do's" so everyone is a part of it. I feel like pulling out my hair on best of days.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were engaged for about 3. 75 years before getting married in 2017. There are many issues that can come with planning. Rants are welcome and to get it off your chest. Family matters and wedding parties seem to have a bigger impact than guests.

• Elizabeth12
    Curious February 2023 Ontario
    Elizabeth12 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm planning mine in 5 months. My father is in stage 4 kidney failure so time isn't on my side.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband and I were engaged for 4 years and 8 months before we tied the knot this past August! And almost planning for that entire time as well! We did have to postpone for two years because of covid but sometimes things work out in your favor!

Take your time planning and you don't have to do everything at once! once you get your vendors together, you will have tones of time to go over the little details

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In Ottawa, One stop shop venue is the best, so smooth and stress free. I sometimes feel like I'm missing the excitement, but seeing what brides go through I am very happy to have found this venue.

• Madison
    Newbie August 2024 Alberta
    Madison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where are you getting married?! I’m so happy that yours has been fairly smooth. I’m literally going to start my own business and have a one stop shop. I wish they had venues that have everything in my city!
    September 2023 is a perfect date and it’ll be here before you know it Smiley smile
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to this wonderful community!

I was engaged for about 2 years, started planning in October 2021 and we had our day August 13, 2022. This site is wonderful and so helpful so any questions just ask!

Quick advice : plan early so you can plan a little bit at a time and not get too overwhelmed and also services book up quickly! Also so hard not to plan and or think about it everyday leading up the big day haha but enjoy the process, it's suppose to be fun! : )

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahaha Welcome to wedding Wire. I've been engaged since January 2022 and have been planning the wedding ever since, my big day is in September 2023.

I really don't have much to complain about since it's been a smooth ride. I have a venue that does it all, so all I need to do are the little things and I am almost done except booking the Air bnb, the hotel rooms and the seating chart.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics