Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Symanne
Curious July 2021 Ontario

Help

Symanne, on May 31, 2017 at 20:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
So I'm totally stuck on 3 different things. How to ask my maid of honor and bridesmaids to be in my wedding (I wanna do something creative yet low budget) My invitationsAnd my save the dates. I dont want basic I want something that's gunna stand out. Any help and ideas are super appreciated!!!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on June 12, 2017 at 12:05
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made cards for my bridesmaids with their names on the front in Calligraphy and on the inside, it said "I can't say I do without you! Will you be my maid of honour/Bridesmaid?" (depending on who I gave the card too obviously Smiley smile

Then, I gave them each a nail polish that was wedding themed, they were Essie nail polishes with names like "Brides to Be" and "Something Blue". I gave the brides to be one to my future sister in law because she has just gotten engaged as well. All the girls loved it and it was super fun to make.

I am planning on doing a gift for each of them to open the night before the wedding, since we are all staying together!

• Jade
    Beginner August 2018 Ontario
    Jade ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    With my bridesmaids I will be "proposing" to them, found this cute idea on Pinterest where you put a ring pop in a small box and present it with a cute message inside Smiley smile I have found our save the dates on vistaprint but we are waiting on our sample box to make sure we are 100% sure we want them.
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is Awesome! you will have to post them so we can all see! Smiley heart

• Symanne
    Symanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just found Vista Print, and I found the most perfect wedding invitations and save the dates! Smiley smile but thanks so much!

• Symanne
    Symanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah! I decided to just ask the 2 for now in person, and then my final bridesmaid is getting married in August and I'm going to wait till after her wedding to ask her!

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used minted for my invitations because that is where I found the design that my FH and I both really liked. We are doing a photo postcard sized insert with all our info on the back from Vista Print. We haven't gotten them yet but I am pretty excited to see the final product.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was boring and just asked my bridesmaids casually. There are some really awesome DIY ideas for asking bridesmaids. I am just more of a low key person and my bridesmaids live quite far from me so I just asked when the opportunity presented itself.

• Symanne
    Symanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks so much for your helpSmiley smile
  • Katelyn
    Newbie June 2018 Saskatchewan
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made my MOH and bridesmaids boxes with a mini bottle of champagne, two nail polishes (of my wedding colours of course😂) a face mask, and a little poem. honestly, more hassle then it's worth, none of them seemed to actually care for the gift box 🙅🏼 As for invitations, cheap is best since they seem to just end up in the trash anyways; no one cares about your wedding as much as you do, that's what I've learned ☺️
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello Symanne, Nice to meet you here. How many bridesmaids will have? Here I send you some discussion that will inspire you: Bridesmaids gifts - bridesmaids gift ideas - What will be your bridesmaids gift? For the invitations I think you will find some ideas here: Wedding invitations: I say yes - Inspiration: Wedding Invitations . I hope this will help. Did you already find your dress? xxSmiley love

• Kaci
    Newbie September 2017 Ontario
    Kaci ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I stressed over doing something creative to ask the bridal party to be in our wedding and at the end of the day, my just asking them without any fanfare was just fine!

I searched the internet for ideas, even bought some items to put together in a bag and eventually just decided it was time to ask them--especially when my friend called asking if she should assume she would be in the wedding! Oh my...

All this to say, don't stress too much about it! You can always get them a creative gift for being a part of your day.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got some heart shaped boxes from the dollar store, put in some gold string type things - similar to the stuff you put in easter baskets, but it was shiny. And then I put in a ring pop, a rose, a shot glass, and a photo frame with a paper in each asking them to be my bridesmaid or maid of honour. I looked the quotes up online! for save the dates and invitations I used vistaprint - they have lots of different designs and colours to choose from, they have 25-50% sales sitewide often, and you can do different types of invitations like magnets - something very different and unique Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics