Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate-Lynn
Frequent user October 2022 Manitoba

Help!

Kate-Lynn, on May 23, 2020 at 17:56 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6
I was told my bridesmaid dresses may not all be in on time for my wedding because of the pandemic. I really wanted them to all have the exact same dress. Has anyone ever done the same dress colour just different dresses? Let’s see some pics!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on May 25, 2020 at 10:54
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girls did! (My MOH/Sister had sequins on her top portion to make her stand out as MOH)

Help! 1And yes, it looks like a diff. purple because the dress manufacturer made it with shiny sequins even though we ordered matte - and they couldn't rush a new one in time for the wedding... needless to say; free dress for my sister!!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Many people have mismatched dresses are the new trend google it!

• Jennifer
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing this right from the get go as well. I'm having the maid of honor and 1 BM choose a floor length dress in any style that suits their body shape as long as they are the same color and type of fabric. My other BM is super butch and hates dresses so she will be wearing a black suit with tie & accessories to match the dress color of the other 2. I think it will look modern and each girl gets an outfit they love.

My friend did different dresses, same fabric/color and even though her mom hated it, most everyone loved it. You can't see the dresses that well but it's the only pic I have. She was very specific about what we could choose though as she wanted them only slightly different but still very much matching so 2 dresses had the same slim bottom with different tops (a strapless and an asymmetrical 1 strap) and the other 2 had the same full skirt bottom with different tops (a strapless and a normal 2 staps). She did this because all 4 of us were very different in body size/shape and age and wanted each one to look/feel good in their BM dress. I loved the dress and BC of the color it's something I would actually wear again to a formal event. I loved the idea so much I'm stealing it but won't be so strict on what dress they choose as long as they're the same color.Help! 2
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A friend did that for her wedding. Everyone purchased a dress in the same colour but different styles to suit their own bodies. Bride would look at each to make sure it's not too out there but it worked out quite nice and the bridesmaids were able to set their own budget.

• Kate-Lynn
    Frequent user October 2022 Manitoba
    Kate-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. I think I might just go with 2 dresses for my 4 bridesmaids and rotate them.
  • Bethany
    Curious May 2021 Nova Scotia
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have photos as I am still planning, but this is what I am going with from the start!
    I am picking the colour and length (sage green and floor length), and letting my bridesmaids pick the style of dress they want to wear and will feel most comfortable in! My bridesmaids are all different heights and sizes, so I feel that letting them pick the style of the dress will also help it be the most flattering as they know what works on their bodies best!

You can always decide how much or how little in difference the dresses could be, too.

Pinterest has lots of example photos too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics