Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2018 Ontario

Headtable

Stephanie, on January 17, 2018 at 08:59 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10
Where do you sit spouses of the wedding party if we decide to sit them at the headtable with us? Do you put all spouses of wedding party at a table? Or should it just be bride and groom at the headtable and sit wedding party with their spouses?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kryzia, on February 1, 2018 at 10:50
  • Kryzia
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Kryzia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're planning to do just a sweetheart table with us 2 and then our wedding party will be sitting just below the platform with their +1 at long tables. We were thinking that some of our wedding party will be bring a +1 that doesn't necessarily know anyone else at the wedding and it's always so awkward to place them at a table where they don't really know anyone. Granted, it's expected at these types of gatherings, but we just want to make sure everyone's having a good time. Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, I might not even do a head table OR just do a seeetheart Table. We both want several people in the wedding party and it will just get out of hand if everyone is up there (with or without their spouse).
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My head table plan is both sets of parents and us. We physically have too large a wedding party plus their SOs that we decided to do a bridesmaid table and groomsmen table with their SOs sitting with them. All our siblings are involved in the bridal party so it works well.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are a few ways you can do it:

1) Just the bride and groom at the head table

2) Bride and groom and wedding party

3) Bride and groom and wedding party plus spouses

We opted for option 1 as we thought it would be nice to chat just the two of us for a bit. We put our wedding party and their spouses at a table together as that seemed easiest.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Some couples do a family, wedding party, or a sweetheart head table. My parents personally didn't want to be yp with us. So we seated all the family based on company and age group.
  • Sammie
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Sammie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most of our wedding party are couples haha. But for the couple that aren't in the wedding party we are putting them closest to the head table because almost all tables will be together.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are seating the wedding party's s.o at tables with whoever they know at the wedding. I have seen it done multiple ways as well depending on whether the majority of the wedding party had a s.o or not but ultimately it is totally dependant on what your venue will allow and what you want. Our head table isn't big enough to put the s.o at even if we wanted to
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most weddings I have been to I have seen the Bridal Party sitting at the head table, and their spouses/partners sitting a table all together. When we got engaged I only had my mind completely set on a few things and one of them was that I didn't want to split up couples.

I've been that spouse at a wedding, and I was sad I didn't get to spend the meal with my partner.

So for our wedding, I have everyone's partners sitting at the head able with us. Our head table is now GIANT at 16 people. We'll have a U shaped table so it'll work out okay.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like Stephanie said, there are a bunch of different ways you can do this!

You could do a sweetheart table with just the bride and groom, you could have your wedding party and their spouses/dates seated with you at the head table, or you could have just your wedding party with you and seat the spouses/dates of your wedding party with each of their respective friends and family. I think it's really nice to let your wedding party sit with their dates during the reception, since they've been apart from their date all day!

Here's a great community discussion where you can see what other couples have done: Pick One! Sweetheart or Head Table?

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have seen it done many different ways. I have seen it where the wedding party is sitting beside their spouse at the head table. If not, they can be at one table or can be with other people they know. For us, we have six people in our wedding party: three of them know other people (namely family) at the wedding, so the spouse will sit with family. The other three only know us. So, we will probably put those three at a table close to the front.

My brother decided to only have one person from each side at the head table (mostly due to space). So, they chose the out of town person, who didn't know anyone else there.

I have also seen it where there is no "head table" and the couple are sitting at a table in the middle of the room with the wedding party, or one time with their family.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics