Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Keena
Curious July 2018 Ontario

Head table

Keena, on February 18, 2018 at 21:42 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6
First time getting married... Just wondering how the head table works ? Who sits there I know bride groom ? Do your ushers? Do your ushers stand up as groomsmen as well? I thought my head table will be myself FH best man maid of honor my dad and FH mom.. Do ushers have to stand up as groomsmen? Or can they just sit in the front row?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on February 19, 2018 at 19:38
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Typically ushers don't sit at the head table, however you can do whatever you like!

We'll be having our wedding party (we don't have ushers) and their +1s sitting with us at a u-shaped head table.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can do a sweetheart table (just the bride and groom), classic head table (bride, groom and wedding party) or a modified head table (bride, groom, wedding party and their guests) or you can do a family head table (bride, groom, and both their families). Whichever way you want to go is completely fine as it is your vision for your wedding and your choice.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re probably just going to have us at the headtable.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having our groomsmen as ushers as well, but some people have groomsmen and ushers. If so, I haven't seen the ushers up with the wedding party, but they are typically given a boutonnière. I have also seen more casual weddings where they don't have ushers. People just seat themselves. And programs either don't exist, are already on the chairs, or in a basket at the back.

For the head table, there are many different options. Sometimes it's just the couple at a sweetheart table, sometimes it's the wedding party as well.

I have seen no head table at all.

Some couples include their wedding party plus ones at the head table.

My brother had just one person from each side up front.

My cousin just had their siblings sitting with them.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Some head table set ups are different based on the fact you want your bridal party seating.

1. Couple sit in the middle on seperate table with two long tables for the wedding party.

2. 2 tiers as the couple sits higher than the wedding party.

3. 3 tiers: top tier foe the couple, second tier for the family and third tier for wedding party.

4. 2 tiers: top tier with couple and family members and second tier for wedding party.

Would it help sketching out the layout on paper to see what tiers work seeing how many your seating?
  • Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My head table will be myself and my fiancé as well as all of our bridesmaids and groomsmen. I think I’m going to ask my brothers to be ushers but they won’t be standing with us or sitting at the head table.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics