Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Newbie October 2022 Ontario

Having trouble finalizing our wedding date. Please help us pick one!

Nicole, on August 24, 2020 at 17:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7

Hey everyone! Me and my fiance have always dreamed of a beautiful Fall wedding. However, we are having a very hard time picking a date. The date we wanted (Oct 22nd) has already been taken leaving us with Oct 15th, Oct 29th and Nov 5th of 2022. Each date has its own list of pros and cons and I would love to have some input and personal thoughts on this dilemma. For reference, we live in South Ontario.

Oct 15th: Pros; Still pretty warm around this time of the month, allowing us to have the outdoor ceremony we want. Cons; it's CRAZY busy this particular week. Both of our siblings have birthdays this week (a total of 6 birthdays!). Every year this week will be jam packed with our anniversary. Another con; the leaves in this area will still be pretty green as they have not reached peak fall colour just yet.

Oct 29th: Pro: Peak Fall foliage time! Could still be warm enough for an outdoor wedding. Con; Could also be too cold. Con; really close to Halloween. Me and my fiance LOVE celebrating Halloween so I don't want to choose every year between celebrating Halloween with friends or going away/spending private time for our anniversary

November 5th: Pro; NOTHING happens in November, so it would be a great way to make this month special. Also, something about this date seems very romantic and pretty to me (I sound crazy haha). Con; losing that Fall feeling, trees are kinda naked, way too cold to have outdoor ceremony and the indoor option at the venue is kinda small and cramped. We'd have to move the cocktail hour into our actual reception space which I was hoping to keep untouched until actual reception time.

What are your thoughts on these dates? I appreciate your help! Thanks!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 26, 2020 at 20:57
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say Nov. 5 since the other 2 dates have cons that don't look good for the events so close to the date. Your best bet is to wait another year and have that romantic feeling you want though the wait for the reception change is going to be something to consider as mentioned.

• J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Based on the things you've said, I say go with the 29th!! Smiley smile

• Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The fall leaves and colors are clearly what you are wanting for your wedding! I agree with Amelia! November 29th seems like the day for you guys! It would be beautiful!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would personally pick November 5. Most people celebrate Halloween on the weekend before the actual date if it doesn't land on a weekend. If your anniversary is October 29 and you don't want to miss Halloween festivities, you'll likely have conflict dates multiple years in a row.

Does your venue have a lobby? If so, cocktail hour can be there instead of the main ballroom.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the foliage and your love of Halloween should both be pros for the 29th! I think you can celebrate them both without sacrificing.
  • N
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my goodness, I completely forgot about Thanksgiving! That’s another con for the 15th. Thank you for your insight on everything though! We could always work around the Halloween thing yearly, it’s not THAT big of a deal. Besides, nothing puts people in those Fall warm fuzzies like the week of Halloween.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Another con to consider about Oct. 15 is it’s proximity to thanksgiving. That might make things crazy for you.
    As for Oct. 29 or Nov. 5, I guess the big decision is how essential is being outside to your day. Is it a dealbreaker or can you live with an inside wedding? (Especially if it rains anyway which could happen by the end of October). As for Halloween, you could always go away before and come back on the 30th, so you don’t miss friends’ festivities.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics