Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sonia
Beginner November 2020 Alberta

Having a plan b for wedding?

Sonia, on March 30, 2020 at 22:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 18
Hello, I am wondering if anyone on here have set up a plan B date with their wedding?

My wedding is in July and I’m waiting until the end of May to figure everything out.

Did you each out to see if your venue/church etc can hold a back up date for you just in case?

18 Comments

Latest activity by Sasha, on March 31, 2020 at 21:56
  • Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a good point. We will wait and see.
  • Samantha
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm really hoping they remove the ban. I mean my church is large so there is plenty of space for social distancing with an intimate ceremony but it all depends on your church maybe...I'm not sure
  • Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm getting married last weekend of June. In terms of the intimate church ceremony, do you think we would still be able to have it? I hope they remove the ban of 5 or less people by then....
  • Stephanie
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ashley I know how you feel. My wedding is the beginning of August and my invite girl asked if we should go ahead with printing as her printer was closing for undetermined time. My fiance is confident things will be ok and doesn't see the invites as a big deal but even if I have to send out updates it breaks my heart.

• Samantha
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey,
    My wedding is also in July and I was going to wait until the end of May as well. But today on the news that Toronto is canceling all their events up until the end of June. And I figured if people are thinking this is going to go until the end of June then nobody will want to attend my wedding this soon after the pandemic.

My plan B is that we are going to have a intimate church ceremony and have the reception next year...as much as I didnt want to do this, it is the most logical thing for us since we have a large guest list.

• Sonia
    Beginner November 2020 Alberta
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s how I am feeling too. We got dates on our stuff. I am hoping everything goes well for all of us.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding is beginning of aug and we dont have a backup plan im gonna wait till end of may and decide if we should change our date. the only thing im super upset about is im finished wedding planning and all our stuff has our wedding date on it Smiley sad we have custom signs, chocolate bars, picture frames, pens everything has our date on i will be absolutely devastated if we have to change our date

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are september and our venue is working with everyone. If we need to change dates or year, we can do so with no penalty or price change.

Personally, I am ok with a smaller group. Only time will tell.

• Tanya
    Beginner June 2021 Ontario
    Tanya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am due to get married end of June this year, I am in Ontario. We have reached out to all of our vendors who are holding a date for us of June 2021. My sister and MOH is in England and it is very unlikely, even if things are normal here that she will be able to fly home... I'm also starting to feel as though it's unlikely that we will be able to have a gathering of 100 people. But, we will make our final call end of April.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My venue said to wait it out still (we are aug 29). So we’ll wait until June. Backup is Probably April / May but not a specific date
  • Sandra
    Newbie November 2021 Ontario
    Sandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sonia,

We originally had a April 25 date and postponed to July 11. Now we are unsure if people will be comfortable by then so we called our hall to changed dates again to Sep or Oct and they had nothing until November. They told us the June weddings were starting to postpone so they are booking dates. I would hold a future date just in case!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your date seems good for now since it may be a month hopefully to get back to our normal lives. The time to inquire about postponing with the venue may be towards the end of May if the situation doesn't get better. Churches are understanding this situation and for pastors to work with the couples to move the dates.
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was originally booked for May 9th. We asked the venue for back up dates and ended up deciding to postpone. We went ahead and moved everything for November... not the ideal month to get married but didn't want to cancel last minute either. My FH and I did not want to postpone until next year either. If this is not resolved we will get married regardless by then

• B
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have reached out to all of my vendors. My wedding is Aug 1st and I just want to make sure that ill get a date I want if I have to postpone because we have family coming from other provinces as well as the states and can only do certain times of year with vacation. I have asked them to hold a tentative date until middle of May when I make my decision.

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yep. I reached out to my venue for next year but we’re waiting until June to make a final decision
  • Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm starting to think about it. Our current plan is to wait a bit longer and see how things are a month or two before, and if we're still on lockdown, we'll talk to the venue and see if we can find a fall date instead. I was thrown off the other day - our airbnb we booked for our honeymoon cancelled on us. I was surprised because I thought it was far enough in advance, but guess they're not going to wait to see if things improve by then. Even airbnb website wouldn't let them put Coronavirus as the reason for cancelling... We still have our flights - I hope we can find a replacement airbnb!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married in December and unless health officials say we need to continue social distancing (even if it's not mandatory), we're getting married on our date. It's more a matter of how we celebrate. Thankfully none of our guests have to fly in so there's no hassle on that front if we need to postpone the celebration part by a few months.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like you we have a date in mind for when we need to make the decision to postpone.

At this point you can start reviewing contracts and reaching out about postponing but keep in mind the venue will probably need to focus on the April, May, and June brides who also need to postpone. There's a YouTuber named Jamie Wolfer who posted a really helpful video about what to do if you need to postpone.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics