Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Have your hobbies been put aside?

Joey, on May 14, 2018 at 08:38 Posted in Before the wedding 0 26

It's time to confess whether wedding planning has taken over your life!

Your gym membership has lapsed, your books sit unread on the shelf, your Netflix cue is backed up with unwatched episodes, your hiking boots are sitting in your closet totally clean... All your hobbies have had to take a back seat to wedding-related activities and shopping trips. The weekends are now for cake tastings, venue visits, and DIY!

Have your hobbies been put aside? 1

>>Click here to go to the next question, Have you tried to check the weather for your wedding day already?

26 Comments

Latest activity by BunnyBride, on June 20, 2018 at 12:33
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Kind of. He'll be the first to admit his strength is not in the arts and crafts department. It's working out much like when we hostedmy sister's baby shower. He'll volunteer for the less artsy but time-consuming tasks (like punching out a million circles with a punch) or do supply runs (food or craft...lol) and I do anything of the arty time-consuming nature (like hand drawing something on all the circles).

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It hasn't really changed. I do most of my wedding planning on the weekends and it's become a hobby haha

• Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ive actually been doing more hobbies because im finally done my degree. I find that i want to stay out of the house because when i get home i have to figure out how to clean around all the wedding stuff overtaking my bachelor apartment
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yup. I’ve had friends invite me for nights out or trips to the city, I’m definitely avoiding it all lmao. When it comes to time for myself though that’s a big no.
  • Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No I still maintain my regular hobbies
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We moved in together last July. If anything I’ve found that’s made me not be as active as I used to be...which must change. So with the warmer weather, I’m really pushing myself to get back to running and figuring out a solid wellness plan.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What hobbies? I'm a nurse and a mom who is planning a wedding lol wedding planning is my hobby.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It sounds like you have great momentum! Is your FH helping with the crafting and DIY stuff too?

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not really I've actually gained some (well started working out more)
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not yet, this may change as we get closer to the date though.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope! I'm actually able to plan and keep my life as normal as possible.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm a little wedding nutty I guess, so looking up event planning/wedding planning was always mixed into my down time.

I wouldn't say I've given up on hobbies, but I make a lot more time for wedding stuff now.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am in a fairly similar situation! That could change as me and my FH are in the super early stages.

So far, where I am DIYing a good amount of things, the wedding stuff is overlapping with my hobbies (basically anything crafty and graphic design) thus far and it looks like that will continue for a ways yet.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My work schedule has been insane lately (2 jobs) and when I have time off I'm just so exhausted that I rest instead....

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pretty much! I am also in school part-time, so in all honesty my hobbies had already been put aside for that, I just had a little less time to do them now.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Literally the opposite! I've started going to the gym regularly, keeping up with Netflix, working more, doing homework, being more social, etc. Being busy actually fuels me lol.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No! I try and keep the planning/DIY to certain days of the week, so that I can keep somewhat of a regular schedule.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not really, though I don’t have a lot of hobbies. I do like to come on here to pass some time but my wedding is so far away that I can’t really plan a lot.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not yet, probably because A. My wedding is so far away timewise and B. my wedding is so far away geographically that it doesn't affect my hobbies. In a year, that could be completely different

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not really. I still make time for my hobbies as I need to take a break every once in awhile
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Shopping trips and travelling yes but other than that no. We still play ball, keep up with our shows etc
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well if you consider planning your wedding a hobby then no? Otherwise yes, everything has been put to the side like reading and watching Netflix show series...

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No, life is relatively normal still for us
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope. We still do all of our regular life stuff. The next 3 months might be a little different, as we have 3 weddings including our own it that time. But we didn’t let planning the wedding change our lives
  • J
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    JuneBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not all. We still go to the gym (very important) and I still have my Netflix. We stopped eating at restaurants, no horseback riding, we aren't going on any road trips for any of the long weekends and no vacation this year. We still plan on going to the beach. Also canoeing and jet skiing (he owns those) and hiking when the weather is perfect.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah, my hobbies are pretty much non existent right now.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics