Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rayanne
Master June 2022 Ontario

Have you picked your date yet?

Rayanne, on January 3, 2022 at 14:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 19
Welocme to all the newly engaged couples. I think one of the hardest decisions to make is when to have your wedding. There are so many things to take into consideration. Do you pick a holiday weekend so people traveling have the extra day, but then the prices usually go way up? Do you save by having a Friday or Sunday wedding or do you go for the Saturday? Are you thinking more about the season? Dreaming of the spring flower garden wedding, crisp leaves? Outside or inside? Are you like us where getting time off during peak season is close to impossible and if you did peak season wedding you'd have to not have some important people able to make it?

We decided that off season was the best choice for us. Getting time off work is so much easier for us and our guests. The prices are so much better too. Since about half of our guests had to travel more than an hour and a half we decided a Saturday wedding was the best choice for us. The downside to an off peak wedding is the chance of snow. So in order to deal with that we chose our venue so we could do everything at the same place. No extra travel between ceremony and reception plus anyone needing to stay for the night were there already.
Though I must admit the recent events have made a winter wedding super stressful 🥴

19 Comments

Latest activity by Rere, on January 3, 2022 at 23:13
  • R
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Rere ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes for sure. Thank you soooo much. Now we have 5mths to get everything in order. Even though it's just a ceremony it's still a lot omggggg.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's all that matters and congrats on the second grandchild! Smiley heart

• R
    Rere ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wellllllllllll lolol, I'm a grandmother already, he's going to be 3, so when she told me I was a bit shocked, however I feel truly blessed. She's still young, but an adult and as parents we only want the best for our children.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congrats on the baby news!!! How exciting!!!! Your daughter must be excited and you must be over the moon to become a grandma!! Smiley heart

• R
    Rere ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our date was scheduled for September 23rd 2022.That day is special to us because we met on that day and it is my grandmothers birthday who passed away.However my daughter who is my MOH just told me yesterday that she is pregnant, she is due in September. So we are just going to move up the wedding and have a ceremony only on May 22 of this year. I wanted the 23rd to keep the number but that's a holiday and my venue will be closed. Also my daughter won't be showing to much. Just realized the 22nd is okay to because we got engaged Dec 22nd. So that's great.👍
  • Katie
    Frequent user June 2023 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I picked the date of June 17,2023. I work in an accounting firm so unfortunately January to April is not an option, otherwise I may have been open to it sometime then because of discounts. But we do have a lot of people coming from Ireland and my bridesmaid is coming from New Zealand, so June is a nice time for people to visit. I also didn’t want to wait any longer than that to marry (sorry Covid brides, I hate even complaining about waiting 18 months when you all have waited so long!). I’ve always loved September but June is also lovely Smiley smile
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It really does! I keep telling myself if May 22, 2021 was so yucky, it means May 22, 2022 will be beautiful! We do have a backup option for our ceremony just in case weather is bad too
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Discounts are great it's nice they are working with you since the postponements had nothing to do with a choice on your part....
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yikes snow in May sounds awful!!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol I also hate winter so anniversaries will be tropical destinations 😆
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked a date we liked numerically 😂 May 22/2022 the pattern is similar to our original dating anniversary (August 17/2017) but looking back now I wish weren't getting married May long weekend. I HATEEE snow so much and now im paranoid about it snowing on my wedding. Last year on our wedding date it was snowing and hailing...
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Since our venue couldn't keep the prices from 2019 almost 3 year difference, I'm glad they gave us a discount
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hate the winter so I basically told my fiance that I wanted a summer wedding in the Okanagan and that's that but in a nicer way of course hahaha
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are locked in with 2018 prices still so far no increases for us
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes I can't believe how much prices have gone up. Even though our venue price did go up from when we signed in 2019, (almost 3000) it wasn't much that we had to give them after the 1000 dollars was taken off.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's great. Nice to see when other places are driving up prices! I would never get FH into a tux in the summer lol
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and have been engaged for just over 4 years now and we knew from the very beginning that we wanted a summer wedding July or August. We picked August 8 2020 the first time around because usually the first couple of weeks of august in the Okanagan are very very nice weather anywhere from 32-40. Luckily our ceremony is only outside and our recption is inside so we all wont die of the heat lol Then covid hit and we postponed to the following summer. Luckily our venue was open for the same weekend and the same Saturday as our first date so we picked August 7 2021. Then of course covid wasn't getting any better and we moved our date a second time to August 7 2022. We picked the exact same weekend but jus now on a sunday! And since we now have picked a sunday and I'm telling you our venue has been absolutely amazing they have given us a 1000 dollars off from our contract fee.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Makes prefect sense to me. Weddings are crazy expensive save where you can. I think starting a marriage in debt is not the best way.
  • Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged almost 4 years ago now (stupid layoffs, covid, another lay off, covid lol), but when it comes to picking a day now, we are going to let the venue basically dictate it.

I am short-listing venues that seem like they fit our budget. When we fall in love with one, we will go with a date we like, that they have available, based on the rate we need... Not very romantic in terms of the date meaning something lol, but it makes sense to us at this point

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics