Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cliodhna
WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway

Have you had a ‘zilla moment?

Cliodhna, on November 11, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 22

Even the most relaxed of couples can get overwhelmed and hit a wedding planning wall! Has there been a part of wedding planning that has turned you into a bridezilla or groomzilla?

Have you ever had a ‘zilla moment?

Next Question: Do you find wedding planning fun?

Back to the Beginning: Wedding Planning Confessions

22 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on November 25, 2019 at 11:42
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think so but my mother would disagree..

• Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I average about one ‘zilla moment every two weeks. It stems from me and my parents having to do EVERYTHING with no help from the in laws. Oh well.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think I did...this is probably a better question for my husband though!
  • Kelly
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far just with the MAU company, I really hated how my makeup came out for my engagement shoot so I'm trying to see if they will let me cancel the contract for the wedding day, but I'm sure the company thinks I'm being totally unreasonable.

My mom is driving me crazy about a bunch of different things though, from very strong opinions that I MUST cover up my back tattoo, that it will look weird if I wear flats instead of heels (nope, sorry I'm not going to wear heels for 12 hours), and that I need to stay the same weight for the wedding so I'm sure I'm probably going to get annoyed and snap at her at some point during the wedding planning process.

I have tried to be accommodating with my bridesmaids since I remember all the things I didn't like about being a bridesmaid the other times I've had to do it (mostly the cost!). So I told them I won't make them wear matching dresses, they can just wear a black dress they already have and I'll pay for hair and makeup.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got a little bit zilla with the florist but it was justified. But I have gone full zilla with my mother when she offered one too many guest list opinions after inviting a friend without our consent.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not yet but i dont think it will happen!

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not yet, and I'm hoping for never!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not yet but I havent even gotten down to the one year before mark yet. Lots of people dont even know we set the date yet. Lots of time to lose my cool...
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think I have had any 'zilla moments yet. I worry about it though....One of my Bridesmaids that lives here in the city told me "There's a line to go from Bride to Bridezilla. You are so far back from the line right now, you can't even see it....seriously." She's very honest, so I trust her outside POV.
    I am reserving my 'zilla card for the day of if the combo of my FMIL and my FFIL's new wife cause drama. *Finger crossed* that doesn't happen.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Once, to my mom, the week before the wedding.
    She kept nagging me about my choice of wedding shoes (nude loafers), saying I was going to look ridiculous and showing me every single pair of glitter/pink/white/silver heels/flats around.

I finally snapped and told her I hated the shoes she picked for herself (I thought she was joking when she sent me a picture of them!), but didn't see me make a fuss about them. That shut her up REAL quick. I think she even switched shoes for the wedding too.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe... I think for the most part I was chill, but when things went wrong I broke Smiley tongue

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh I've definitely had a few, but there's been some drama so it's to be expected.

I went a little bride-zilla at a wedding showcase because it wasn't what I thought it was going to be, and my mom kept walking up to vendors that I didn't want to talk to, or butting in front of me so they thought she was the bride

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh i had a big one today. i’m getting so sick of having no help from certain bridal party members, and i’m past the point of letting it slide anymore
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom and I were talking about the guest list at Thanksgiving when my brother butted in about how all (and he meant ALL) our cousins should be there. I was a little bridezilla in my response...and I'm only a little ashamed!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There were some times when I thought I was being one. But my family would always tell me I wasn’t. So idk if they were being nice, or if it was true lol. My husband would joke about it, but looking back he says I was pretty chill
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes definitely. Getting more and more snappy especially to those with unwanted/unasked opinions. May sound mean but I'm doing a lot of the planning and prep on my own Smiley atonished

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe one or two. FH was sulky about having to go with me to meet with our photographer last winter and I lost it on him.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had some mild 'Zilla moments - nothing too catastrophic! It was mostly frustration at my parents (i.e. mom) when the wedding felt like it was being planned by them.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband before marriage would fight or complain on costs paid/family discussions being not as good though I did take it with a grain of salt. He was as hard on me as my family putting a stop on some of the events that couldn't be held or what/what not do given the circumstances of the planning. I was torn and always feeling in the middle of it all. I did keep it cool and calm though during the whole process and brushing everything off my way along.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes. With my husband, I got bridezilla-ish with photographer and trying to find someone we liked and with my MOH and her bridesmaid dress. I wanted a specific color and wouldn't settle for anything else.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't had one like towards a vendor or anything yet at least, but I've had some zilla moments while venting to my FH. Mostly it's about vendors not listening or taking forever to get back to us.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not yet... still time, but I hope not.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics