Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sinéad
WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway

Have you figured out where you’ll live?

Sinéad, on December 9, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Living together 0 18

Have you thought about where you will live after the “I dos”,? Do you already live together, or will you move in together for the first time after you are married? Are you moving somewhere brand new to both of you, or is only one of you moving?

Have you figured out where will you live as newlyweds?

Have you figured out where you’ll live? 1

Photo by Judy Nguyen Photography in Toronto, ON

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Thanks for taking part!! If you missed any questions, you can see them all linked here: Are you ready to say 'I do'?

On a roll? Make sure you didn't miss these other recent games: Who’s who in your “I do” crew?, Overrated or Underrated? and Your Relationship Timeline

18 Comments

Latest activity by Matilda, on September 28, 2023 at 06:03
  • Matilda
    Featured June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are in the process of buying a brand new home in Whitby where we are both working. We will only live together after we are married
  • R
    Curious July 2023 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are moving to a new city where we are working. We are waiting to get married so that we can live together

• Hailey
    Curious September 2022 Alberta
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve been living together since 2014, we bought our first house in 2018, getting married 2022. I think we’ll still be in the house after the wedding.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was living with roommates, he was living alone. So, I moved into his place after we were married. Our leases were up the same month, which was two months after our wedding. So, I left most of my stuff where it was and we found a bigger place to move into once our leases were up. It meant moving two places into one on the same day--don't recommend it!

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No idea! Hopefully somewhere not too far from where I am now, but we're really just hoping we can afford more than a cardboard box 😂
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We bought a house last year (almost a full year before getting engaged) so we are staying put!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We own a condo already! so we will just stay put after the wedding nothing will change hahaha

• K
    Curious July 2023 Ontario
    K ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I both live together now, we rent out his parents basement as it is a completely separate living quarters but shortly after our "i do's" we will be purchasing a house together and starting our lives together there...we both agreed that we do not want to live under his parents roof technically long than a year after we exchange vows and get married!

• Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We bought a Condo together 2 years ago, so we will continue living there until we decide to move into a house

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was my husband (before marriage that he wanted me to move in with him 2 months after being together. It felt too soon and too early for me that time. I needed more time for us to grow and know each other better.

6 months in our relationship, I did make the move based on my living situation with my roommate. We started then to live together forever.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bought our house just 6 months after getting engaged actually!

Prior to that we were both living with our parents.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just moved into what we hope is our permanent home for a long time so we won’t have to worry about moving afterwards
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've been living together since 2014 but FH's work is really up in the air right now so it'll depend what happens there in the next year or so. We're saving for a house though.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We already live together, so no changes there!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We already live together so we'll just continue to live together in our apartment.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Already live together! Planning to buy a house a year after our wedding, what a nice 1st Anniversary gift ha hah.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've lived together for six years now!

We're looking at eventually buying a house or maybe building one but we're in no rush right now

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes! We're looking at houses all of the time right now. We can't put any offers out until January 1 and our two favourite houses at the moment both just sold within days of each other.

So it's a waiting game right now.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics