Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brianne
Beginner June 2019 British Columbia

Have a cake decorated?

Brianne, on March 21, 2018 at 21:16 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5
Hey! Has anyone here made their own cake and then had a bakery assemble it and decorate it? I’m just thinking it may cut down on some of the stress, but I’m very particular about cakes and would like to bake it myself with my own recipe.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on March 22, 2018 at 13:25
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could ask if they could use your recipe instead!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think most bakeries will not allow you to bring your cake into their facility for assembly due to health reasons. That being said, you may be able to find a bakery that would lend you someone for assembly but you'd probably have to decorate yourself.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree with this. I have a few friends that are bakers and I believe in most places it would be a health code violation. However like you mentioned I've heard if bakeries using recipes from customers. So Brianna, maybe that is an option.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used to work in a bakery and we would not decorate a cake that wasn’t baked there. It’s a health issue because we didn’t know what it came in contact with.

Most bakeries allow you to go in for a tasting. I would suggest contacting a few places for a cake testing before booking them. If you don’t find anything you like, then ask for a bakery that will use your recipe to bake the cake.

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you'll have to find a bakery that will willingly do that for you. But it might be tough. Perhaps you can ask them to use your recipe. I don't think the cost will change tho.
    Never hurt to ask tho.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics