Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie June 2023 Ontario

Hated My Hair & Makeup Trial!

Jennifer, on April 30, 2023 at 10:04 Posted in Beauty 0 6

I had my make up and hair trial a couple of days ago with a stylist I had never met before. She was lovely, however, when I left the appointment I felt like I didn't look anything like myself and that she didn't fully take into consideration the example photos I had provided. The makeup was almost dirty looking, especially my eyes, and the base was cakey and so thick. I don't wear a ton of makeup everyday, but I do wear enough - or more when I go out. My hair looked nothing like the photo I showed her.

I don't know what I should do. I spent $350 on the trial alone and have already put down a deposit for myself and my two matrons of honour. Wedding day is June 17th. What do you all suggest? Should I email the stylist and be very upfront about my concerns? I hate making her feel badly.....

6 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on May 1, 2023 at 15:13
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jennifer, I can relate as well. I had my trial done the morning I went looking for my dress to have the complete look. I took photos after I got home and spoke with the stylist the next day to discuss the things I wanted to change for my daughter and I. She was appreciative of the feedback, and will ensure the changes are made for our wedding day.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used to be a hairdresser, if you do not like it, be honest. You spend way too much money to not be happy, if they don't know they can't correct it. Trials are to make the style and make right, if it's not perfect they take it down until it's to your liking. Same with makeup do not settle because you are too close to your wedding date, talk to her and be honest.

Good luck

• J
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you very much for your words of advice! I will definitely reach out to the stylist and try to sort through this. Your suggestions make a lot of sense Smiley smile

• J
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much for your kind words and suggestions. We live in Dundas but will be getting married in Niagara-on-the-Lake. I'll reach out to the stylist and see if we can sort through this. I think I'm too close to the wedding day (June 17th) to try and change.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ugggggh I can totally relate as well!!! I found a MUA and after several attempts to set a trial date, I was not happy with the overall results. I looked more like my sister! Who by the way loved the look 🤣🤣 I did keep researching for another MUA that didnt work out - lack of communication on her part. I settled on the original MUA and I emailed her my dislikes and what I wanted to see more/less of. She was not offened. She welcomed the feedback. So I was pumped! Unfortunately I got screwed over. She bailed on me for another client 2 months before my wedding date. I personally think she got a bigger bridal party (mine is only 2 ppl) and. even though I had signed a contract with her and paud $275 for mine and MOH trial. I did get my deposit back and then the search restarted. Fighting the tears, I got on here for suggestions, posted in my local FB groups and had numerous offers and feedback. I wound up finding a lovely MUA who bent over backwards for me and my kid. I showed her exactly what I wanted and she delivered. I did have to repend on a trial $250 for just me but totally worth it.
    Definitely voice your concerns to MUA. No one should be offended. They are to make you look your best, make you look like you.
    Hope it works out for you. Not sure where you are located but if you need someone, let me know.Good luck Dont stress!! ❤️
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omg Jennifer, I can so relate to this!!

I originally had my hair and make up artist booked with 1 girl (who now looking back, was really more of a hair professional than make up) and so when I left the trial, I much preferred the hair over the make up. Closer to the day I ended up adding on my mother and two nieces so she then brought in a make up girl to help her out and it worked out wonderfully but had she not, I probably would not have been the most happy with the make up and I had already paid the deposit at that point.

I would let her know how you are feeling, honestly, make up and hair is so important - you need to look like yourself and feel beautiful on that day and make up and hair can really help with this or, make you feel the other way... Just think, it's HER JOB, to have you love the work, otherwise, who is it for? Not the easiest conversation, but if you're confident she can do better work to your liking, I would request another appointment until she gets it right for you. If you are not confident she can pull through, I would research and see if you can find someone else (this community is super helpful and someone might have someone in mind) and also ask for your deposit back.

Good luck to you Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics