Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Newbie June 2023 Ontario

Has anyone had their pave engagement rings resized?

TaylorB, on May 6, 2021 at 20:04 Posted in Wedding fashion 1 7

My engagement ring is exactly one size too big . It is pave ALMOST all around but with a space at the very bottom with no diamonds that was said to be for resizing purposes. My fiance had asked when purchasing the ring if it could be resized as he got a bit larger just to be safe. They said it can be sized down if need be. When I went in to the store it is from today (Michael Hill) they said they aren't sure if it can be sized down or not but they are sending it in to their jeweler to see what can be done.

Does anyone have any experience with this ? Some peace of mind would be amazing as I am a bit anxious of what is going to happen.

I also want to note that the inside is engraved with xixixixixixixi all over , I am a little concerned about that as well but cutting a piece out wont make it say anything any different, and if it gets melted a bit I can just get the engraving touched up right?

Has anyone had their pave engagement rings resized? 1

Has anyone had their pave engagement rings resized? 2

7 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on May 12, 2021 at 19:02
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine has stones along the band, and even with the amount of bare gold they still sent it off to a pro to be sized. They were a little concerned that stones would need to be taken out, the ring sized, and then replaced in the band. But it's totally possible!
  • Brianna
    Curious March 2023 British Columbia
    Brianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This seems like wrong information from Michael Hill. My finance also bought mine from there - also diamonds all down the side aside from a spot on the bottom for resizing. I had to get mine taken down 3 sizes and they had no issue with it! Hopefully it all works out or they can replace it with a size that fits you!

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh something else to consider is how your ring will fit once you have your wedding band. My engagement ring fits me perfectly but with my wedding band on too they're too small even though they're the same size. I didn't even realize this was an issue until I got my wedding band.

So you may not need to size down as much as you think with both rings on your finger. It's also good to wear your ring in multiple seasons to see how your finger grows and shrinks in different temperatures/humidity especially if it's going to be a complicated resizing.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Obviously take the advice of the jeweller that looks at your ring, but from my research resizing eternity bands isn't possible unless there's a gap like you've said. Otherwise you have to either remove or add a diamond and you'd have to reset all of the diamonds in the ring because when you resize a ring you're also slightly changing the overall shape - a large ring is going to have less of a curve than a smaller ring if that makes sense.

If they aren't able to resize it I'd look into whether they can make you a new ring in exchange since they are the ones that told your fiancé it wouldn't be an issue to resize it.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Taylor,
    First off... beautiful ring & Congratulations 🥳
    My ring was a bit bigger on my finger as well. But I went to get a stack ring to help brace it a bit until I get my wedding band. I was told that it would be good to not have the ring too small or snug as you’ll have to add your wedding band. I shared a photo of mine to show my stacker at the front.
    Hope this little explanation helps you.
    Has anyone had their pave engagement rings resized? 3

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had to get this sucker resized because my fiancee told me the wrong size! It's definitely doable. Maybe the sales rep who spoke to you is new or just a sales person with no actual jewelry experience.

As for the engraving distorting, it really depends on where it's located inside the ring.

Has anyone had their pave engagement rings resized? 4

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Has anyone had their pave engagement rings resized? 5

My ring has diamonds on the sides like this and it had to be sized down 2.25 sizes. Not sure if that's helpful for you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics