Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Curious September 2019 Saskatchewan

Has Anyone had a quick relationship ?

Amanda, on January 10, 2018 at 05:06 Posted in Before the wedding 0 18
I met my fiancé in July of 2017, I’d gotten out of a very toxic relationship earlier that year and he is everything that I have always dreamed of in a man! I felt this undeniable connection with him from the moment we started talking (we met online). We started dating and things have been just amazing (a few normal bumps and stresses of course nothing major), and anyways on December 8th (after 5 months dating) he popped the question.. and I said yes! Nothing felt more natural or right!
hes been my rock during a very difficult time, he makes me laugh when I’m sad, listens to my random crazy stories and laughs at my lame puns, when he holds me I feel so safe and loved, warm inside .. he gives me this look that gives me butterflies everytime, tells me I’m pretty constantly and that he loves me.. we can talk about ANYTHING at all and I do mean anything lol

my parents love him, my children love him and I love his parents and I get along with them as well.. our parents are happy for us, we are just doing something super small and small townish.. we picked July 7 2018 (actually found out after we picked e date this is also his parents anniversary to.. so if that’s not a sign).. 5 days before our 1 year anniversary, I love him very much and I personally think what’s meant to be will be regardless ..

is is anyone else a quick couple? How do you deal with peoples opinions ?

18 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on January 11, 2018 at 19:48
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 💕💕
  • Sarah
    Newbie August 2018 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We moved in together after 3 months of dating and were talking about getting married on our first date. We held off making it official until we had been going out a year, mostly because we hadn't finished meeting each other's families yet. We've had a long engagement and are getting married in August of this year, but we knew from the moment we locked eyes at the party we met at that this was meant to be Smiley heart

When you know, you know! Don't worry about what people think. If they love you they'll be happy for you, and will come around eventually. Some people don't believe in soul mates or fate, and that's okay (I think it's because they haven't encountered anything like it before), but I definitely do and anyone who mattered saw how good we are together very quickly Smiley smile

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We started dated June 2016, moved in together November 2016. And June 2017 we got engaged! Not nearly as quick as you but my mom met my step dad in March 2015 I believe, got engaged June 2015 and married October 2015
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met June 2016, moved in together April of 2017, engaged October 2017 and get married June 2018!

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met June 2016, bought a house together October 2016, got engaged October 2017 and getting married June 2018 Smiley smile

• Sashanette
    Curious April 2019 Ontario
    Sashanette ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    And that's all that matters. I know how you feel girl!!!!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love all of your responses and encouraging words
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awe you’re so sweet.. thank you for your kind words, I have zero doubts that this is what I want for my life.
  • Sashanette
    Curious April 2019 Ontario
    Sashanette ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your story has me smiling from ear to ear!!!!! I'm so happy for you.!!! When the heart knows the heart knows!!! My fiance and I started dating in April 2017. My kids and family accepted him so easily as if he was always in our life. Every relationship has it's bumps,but it's how you go handle them is all that matters. We have both have gone through things and are each others rock. When he said he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, I knew without a doubt I wanted to as well.

When people say it's to fast or have an opinion, I don't even pay any mind to it.
    As long as you know in your heart your making the right decision that's all that matters.
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love this! When your heart knows, it knows!
    For me, I feel like we moved quickly but because of our age and maturity not really. We both know what we want out of life and a partner. We will be getting married 3 years to the day of our second date.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not a quick couple really - we've been dating 3 years now. However, we have the same wedding date! It's going to be a lucky day! (and make remembering anniversary's super easy)

• Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My cousin was engaged to her now husband after 1 month of dating! They have been together for 5 years now and going strong ! Of course people will have a lot of things to say, but just know you control your own happiness. If it’s meant to be, embrace it and enjoy Smiley smile
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My parents were a quick couple, got engaged 9 months into the relationship, and my dad was only 21. People are going to have their negative opinions, but if it feels right to you, do it!

• Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How do you deal with peoples opinions?

You ignore them! Smiley smile

After our first date, I never went back to my own apartment... I pretty much moved in after day ONE!

People can say whatever they want; we met in June of 2013, engaged December 2015, married October 2017.

Every love story is different, don't let people's negative opinions throw a shadow over yours!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My family was questioning why he hadn't proposed yet because we had been talking about marriage since early on in our relationship. They would've preferred for him to propose earlier.

People with opinions will have opinions regardless of what you do, when you do it. It's tough sometimes to not let those bother us, but only you know what's best for you. Those closest to you like the two of you together and that's what matters.

• April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s your life girl! Whatever makes you happy and sounds like you found a wonderful man! Congratulations and I wish you all the love in your future Smiley shame
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really loved your story, so happy to hear when people are in love. My fiance also proposed before our first year, and my bestie's fiance proposed to her after 3 months of dating. I think when you know, and i've never really worried about others opinions on it because they will always have opinions about everything, if he waited 5 years they would still be judging.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am so happy to read this! I know the way you feel as it is the way I feel about my husband. I think when you know, you know and people's opinions don't matter. Enjoy your love and wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics