Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carlie
Newbie June 2022 Ontario

Has anyone ever had their bridesmaids wear their own jewelry?

Carlie, on May 21, 2022 at 09:07 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 12
Hey everyone, I know it's pretty common to buy your bridesmaids their jewelry but I'm really not into that kind of gift for them because usually they're purchased from somewhere cheap/They are worn once or they aren't as meaningful. I honestly can't afford anything super expensive because jewelry usually adds up. So I'm thinking about just asking my bridesmaids to wear their own jewelry within a specific color range. What do you think of this? Has any bride ever done that?
On a complete side note I will be purchasing a different kind of gift for them. I haven't quite decided yet but I'm thinking something a bit more personalized such as something from their favorite hobbies or even a spa gift card!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Yami, on June 13, 2022 at 11:13
  • Yami
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with your opinion on just getting something cheap and it’ll only be worn once is a waste. I think your bridesmaids would have jewelry they would want to wear for special occasions as well, so letting them wear their own will be fine.
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I purchased my bridesmaids all a amethyst crystal point necklace that represents my love of star wars (kyber crystal that goes into a light sabre to give it the sabers color) and witchcraft (Amethyst is a protective stone that helps to relieve stress and anxiety in your life, and the symptoms that accompany it, namely headaches, fatigues, and anxiety.)

im also paying for their hair and make up rather than a gift trying to be a little pratical Smiley smile

Has anyone ever had their bridesmaids wear their own jewelry? 1

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It has great reviews and found it through this site. I was going through ideas this site was offering and they came up. But someone mentioned Olive and Piper to me they are on etsy.
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yes I see your not until 2023 i was thinking 2022 Sep. well do you know if it is a good site? do you know of anyone who ordered from this site? How did you hear about it?

i just have so much nerves when purchasing from online lol

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I haven’t purchased anything from them yet since I still have a long way to go and still insure what to buy as gifts for the parents and wedding party.
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for sharing this site, i am still looking for the perfect veil and earrings for moi. I have one but its not saying too much. what did you end up purchasing from this site? did you have to pay duty? and did it take the 30 days like they say?

thanks

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ended up buy a jewlery set for my bridal party, but i also agree it all depends on you. more and more bridal parties are doing what works best for them

• Rachay
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Rachay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is entirely up to you and your budget. I am keeping mine cost-effective, so my bridesmaids will be wearing their own jewelry, I just ask that they keep it simple and that it does not clash with their dress.

My cousin got married in Feb 2020 and all the bridesmaids also wore their own jewelry

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's all up to you if you want them matching or if you just don't care. I found a site that has affordable jewelry, I have no idea what to get them as gifts and I got them pretty awesome Bridesmaid boxes already. But since I found this site, I decided to get a set to match their personalities so they can have something to wear.

I'll post the site if you want to take a peak, but don't feel like you have to pay for their jewelry.

Shop Wedding Headpieces, Veils & Jewelry | Dareth Colburn

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone has their own individual tastes and having your bridesmaids be able to wear their own jewellery is more than fine. They'll probably appreciate being able to show off their collection or personalize their own outfit, especially if all the dresses are the same.

I bought cufflinks for my groomsmen and my wife got bracelets for the bridesmaids but the gents still could pick their own watch (if they choose to wear one) and the ladies could wear their own hair piece or earrings.

• Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought my bridal party bracelets but told them to wear any earrings they wanted as long as they were gold colour based - They all ended up buying them from Olive & Piper (where I also bought mine) and I loved that they all had earrings to match their personal style (I did the same with dresses - just gave them each a colour and let them choose).
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think there's nothing wrong with having them wear their own jewelry! I got my bridesmaids custom necklaces from a local shop but my cousin has a necklace with alot of sentimental value to it, so I will let her wear that if she wants!
    I think its very thoughtful to get them something that aligns more with their individual interests and hobbies!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics