Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miav
Devoted September 2020 Alberta

Has anybody tried Sola flowers? What are your opinions? :)

Miav, on October 26, 2019 at 22:22 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17
I've been searching around for floral options and recently came across Sola flowers. Has anybody tried them? What's the experience/look like? TIA! Smiley heart

17 Comments

Latest activity by Monique, on November 2, 2019 at 13:07
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those boutonnieres look great! Thanks for all of the info!!
  • R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I dont think they are to big for boutonnieres, I made 2 and think they're an ok size. You can also use 2 smaller flowers to make them (the link I shared to where I got mine gives you 50 large and 50 small). If you do have a large wedding party I suggest maybe order a few extra of the same flowers from another website because you only get 3-4 of each flower.
    What I did was my fiance chose which flowers he wanted and I put 2 aside (its just him and his BM) dyed the rest, and did those last when I decided which color I wanted them to be.
    Here the link I used to make mine.https://weddingbouquetkits.com/making-a-boutonniere
    And how they turned out, I know they're simple but I didnt want to much going on. Has anybody tried Sola flowers? What are your opinions? :) 1

• Monique
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! Did you use them to make boutonnieres and corsages as well or are they too big?
  • R
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/672733796/100-pcs-mixed-sola-flowers-wood-aroma?ref=yr_purchases

110$ canadian but I still found it worth it. I went to micheals and bought "18 gage" stems and just hot glued them on. (Just google how to do that, its super easy).
  • Monique
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you have a link/do you remember the buyer? That’s an amazing price!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh wow they look really nice! great choice!

• Miav
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh wow I didnt know I can get them off Etsy!! Thanks so much! Smiley kiss

• R
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I saved about 400$ from my quoted price from a sola website. Mind you it's a little bit of work, and I think maybe a little nicer to have them done professionally. But most of my wedding is DIY and I enjoyed the process.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow those look amazing! I didn't really think about dying or painting them myself!! That price is amazing.
  • R
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry had to change devices (all photos are on the phone) I painted these myself my only thing is I should have done a second coat for the burgundy flowers but my fiance liked them not fully covered.

Has anybody tried Sola flowers? What are your opinions? :) 2
    Has anybody tried Sola flowers? What are your opinions? :) 3Has anybody tried Sola flowers? What are your opinions? :) 4
  • R
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They are amazing and I love them!! I wanted to keep my bouquet and real flowers are ridiculously expensive for my budget. I bought 100 sola flowers for 100$ off Etsy, painted them myself with my colors made 2 bouquets, a table swag, and all my centerpieces! They are so easy to paint if you want to do it yourself or really beautiful if you get them online. I used dollar store greenery for my filler on my bouquets. I will share photos later!

• Miav
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh wow they are beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing Smiley heart

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was showing them to a friend today she was blown away by them too
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Rayanne beat me to it! 😋 I had sola flowers and I loved them. They were the exact colours I wanted, they were much cheaper than real flowers and lots of people were surprised they weren't real. Me and my guests also got to keep them as keepsakes. I'll attach a few photos for reference.
    Has anybody tried Sola flowers? What are your opinions? :) 5
    Has anybody tried Sola flowers? What are your opinions? :) 6 Has anybody tried Sola flowers? What are your opinions? :) 7
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've only seen the pictures I can't wait to find the time to check them out.
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a Sola store in my neighborhood so I've seen them in person. They are beautiful! And surprisingly light.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't but Marissa, who uses this site has. Her flowers were beautiful. There is a sola flower shop that is about an hour drive from me I'm going to check them out soon. I'm about 90% sure im going to use sola flowers for my wedding. I have always wanted silk flowers at least artificial flowers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics