Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rayanne
Master June 2022 Ontario

Happy prewedding stories please

Rayanne, on October 30, 2019 at 09:38 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 26
We tend get a lot of negativity when planning a wedding. Everyone second guessing every decision you make.

What is the nicest surprise someone has done for you? Was there someone who was just super supportive? Was it from someone who you didn't really expect to be there? Were they around to just let you vent and try to offer solutions when you wanted to rip your hair out?

26 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on November 3, 2019 at 08:16
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would be impressed if someone remembered me after that long too. What a great feeling to know they really paid attention to you.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The vendor that we booked is amazing. On top of the awesome wedding stuff, they remember us when we go back to visit the restaurant and are genuinely interested in how we’re doing and how planning is going. We went back after eighteen months of signing the contract and the events coordinator saw us and chatted with us as if it was yesterday. Their constant hospitality makes my ceremony/reception the one part I am not worried about at all.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow that's a long time to wait for a wedding. I love weddings! I haven't been to one since 2012. Glad I'm not waiting 45 years for the next one
  • Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My future husband sisters are waiting for our wedding more than us. They already have bought the dresses, they talk about it every second week. Because last wedding from their family was in 1974. When One of my hobbys sister got married.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is so awesome. What a wonderful surprise!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What came as a complete surprise from my dad and eldest brother as a pre wedding gift was trading in car. The car at the time was 12 years old and my dad wanted to upgrade the same model from CE to LE one higher. I was reluctant at the beginning and understood what he wanted for me. I accepted it and went to get the car with them and he was happy to see the results once done. I love my family and always appreciate what they do.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yay for mom another super hero. It's so nice that she can so supportive. My mom is super supportive to me as well.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that! Who could know you better than your kids?
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yea it is. im just at the point where im sick of everyone telling me what they want at my wedding lol.

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a great thread!

For me my biggest support the day we got married were my kids. It was looking like it may rain during our outdoor ceremony and we had to make a last minute decision on whether to change it to indoors (which would have been the private dining room where our reception was being set up). I was convinced that the clouds would clear in time and was worried that we wouldn't be able to let all of our guests know of the change in time so decided to keep it outdoors. Well, didn't it just open up and pour!!! I was quite upset, as I felt so bad for everyone sitting outside in the rain, wasn't sure we'd all have umbrellas, etc...so was questioning my choice as me and my kids drove to the site. My son just kept on telling me how totally awesome and completely memorable this would be, how it clearly said rain or shine on our invites so most people would be ready for it, and he really calmed me down. My daugheter reminded me that I was there to marry the perfect person for me. When we arrived, our planner had the perfect umbrellas waiting for us (and had enough for our guests that didn't have one with them)...it poured the entire time but it was really perfect. I'm thankful that I rode there with my kids, they walked me down the aisle and that they were so good at knowing what to say.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a valuable skill lol. I dont really worry about what others think but I love hearing about everyone's triumphs
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Perfect moms are great when they support everything.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly i stopped listening to peoples negative comments. people always have something to say. now when they question us im like this is what we want its our wedding and that generally puts an end to peoples opinions!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What a way to welcome you into the family!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My future mother in law is just an amazing woman to begin with, which I'm so grateful since you hear some real horror stories where mother in law's are concerned. But she has been the most supportive person I could've hoped for. She even offered up her back yard for our ceremony because she knew how much I wanted a back yard wedding, and my grandparent's just wasn't going to work. So her and my father in law pulled out all the stops to get their back yard fully landscaped for us just so I could have my dream wedding. It's also a benefit for them obviously lol but the fact that they changed their schedule for us means the world.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for posting this topic! I really need to hear some positivity right now.Smiley heart

My mom has been absolutely amazing throughout planning. She started buying prizes for our Jack and Jill and year in advance at black friday sales and she wouldn't let us pay her back. She took on the majority of the Jack and Jill planning and organizing from the games to the food. She hosted an engagement party so that my FH could meet my extended family. She co-hosted my bridal shower this past weekend at her house and bless her she so badly wanted it to be perfect that she had trouble sleeping, she dealt with a cake fiasco too. I have social anxiety so all these wedding related events, though so much fun, really have an added hurdle of difficulty for me. She truly understands my anxiety and always just encourages me to do my best, despite others thinking my best isn't good enough. Just in general she's also been such a support for me throughout planning. She really listens to my concerns and really helps to remind me that the important thing is my FH and I's opinion and that we are happy. It just makes my heart full to see how excited she is for us.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My suprise is my mom. I was so sure she was going to insult or make me second guess everything, but really shes been SUPER suportive and really really helpful. It wasnt that way at first I was very deffensive with her expecting her to be difficult but I realized she was genuinly trying to help.
  • Sherrie
    Curious May 2021 Manitoba
    Sherrie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So far I do... even have a to do in it. A wine and diy night with my girls.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well I hope you have many happy memories in your wedding diary!
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely not. So it is going into my wedding diary.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw that is so sweet. Definitely not something you expect. Very cute story too.
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have to honestly say when my now soon to be husband proposed. I proposed to him on a Friday night when the whole house was asleep, we were watching cheesy movies (wedding singer). I pulled out a treasure chest, only to have a note for distraction. He took 5 minutes of scanning for marry me in it. 10 mins total I sat there holding his ring up. Well nope, he couldn’t leave it at that. Had some running around to do; doctors; even time to plan it with my dad. So that Monday night we go out for a date night at our favourite steak house. Sneaky guy got the server to bring out a cutting board for our dessert. “I’ll marry you, if you marry me!” Speechless is something I am never. But I was a mess with tears and stumbling for words. And what blew us out is they paid for our entire meal to help us celebrate.

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's what she is! 😅 I plan on getting her a little something extra to thank her for all of her support.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I also love that you're calling her your super hero
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is awesome. It's so great yo have those people that know us. Thoughtful things are the best.
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great idea - it does feel like there's so much negativity around such a beautiful life event!

My maid of honour has been an absolute super hero through it all! As soon as we got engaged, she surprised me by sending a robe with "Bride" on the back and my new initials on the front. Ever since, she's been there to listen to me vent, help me make decisions, plan my bachelorette, you name it... So grateful for her!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics